All posts tagged: Cargo

13 Indian sailors trapped aboard cargo vessel as drone strikes intensify

13 Indian sailors trapped aboard cargo vessel as drone strikes intensify

Thirteen Indian seafarers are among the 15 crew members stranded aboard a cargo vessel at Ukraine’s Chornomorsk port, where ongoing drone and missile attacks near the strategic Black Sea harbour have raised serious safety concerns, according to the Forward Seamen’s Union of India (FSUI). The sailors’ union warned that the crew is caught in what it described as a “terrible and life-threatening situation”, saying those onboard are living in “constant fear of a direct hit at any moment” as hostilities between Russia and Ukraine continue near the port, reported IANS.  Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the following link: Source link

Air India Express offers free cargo transport for relief supplies

Air India Express offers free cargo transport for relief supplies

Air India Express has waived cargo charges for transporting humanitarian relief material to flood-hit Assam. Registered NGOs and recognised relief organisations can send essential supplies, including food, medicines and hygiene kits, free of cost on flights to Guwahati from Delhi, Bengaluru and Kolkata Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the following link: Source link

‘He was set to get married, change jobs’: 4 Indians killed in Russian attack on cargo ship off Ukraine coast | India News

‘He was set to get married, change jobs’: 4 Indians killed in Russian attack on cargo ship off Ukraine coast | India News

2 min readThiruvananthapuramUpdated: Jul 20, 2026 10:41 PM IST A 26-year-old seafarer from Kerala is among four Indians killed in a Russian attack on a cargo ship, M V Golden Leo, off the coast of the Ukrainian city of Odesa on July 19. The deceased has been identified as Akhil Joyan from Vellarikundu village in Kasaragod district. He has been working as a mariner on the ship for the last six years. According to family sources, Akhil was the only son of Joyan, a merchant, and Saly, a collection agent at the postal department. He joined the shipping industry as a mariner after completing a course in nautical science from Chennai. “Last month, he visited his parents and his wedding was fixed. Akhil was planning to sign off from this ship by the end of this month. He wanted to move to another firm,” said a family source. According to family members, Akhil was a world record holder for the maximum rope pull-ups in 30 seconds. An official communication from the Chief Minister’s office said …

‘20% is too much, we’ll be fair’: Iran mocks Trump over Hormuz cargo fees | World News

‘20% is too much, we’ll be fair’: Iran mocks Trump over Hormuz cargo fees | World News

Iran’s foreign minister, Abbas Araghchi, on Monday mocked the demands made by US President Donald Trump to impose charges on all cargo transiting the Strait of Hormuz and said that Tehran would charge a lower rate. Escalating tensions threaten a return to active warfare Trump earlier announced that the US military will reinstate a naval blockade on Iran in Hormuz and will charge all cargo shipped through the critical waterway. POTUS is absolutely right. Whoever provides secure and safe passage of commercial vessels through the Strait of Hormuz should be compensated for this service. Iran has always been the GUARDIAN of the Strait and will remain so FOREVER. 20% is of course too much. We will be fair — Seyed Abbas Araghchi (@araghchi) July 13, 2026 But Tehran has reiterated that it controls the strait, as both nations were engaged in another round of fire, threatening a return to an all-out war. Araghchi agrees on compensation principle via social media In a post on X, Araghchi wrote, “POTUS is absolutely right. Whoever provides secure and …

Pakistan K2 Airways cargo plane crash: More debris found, 5 crew still missing. What we know so far | World News

Pakistan K2 Airways cargo plane crash: More debris found, 5 crew still missing. What we know so far | World News

3 min readUpdated: Jul 11, 2026 02:22 AM IST Pakistan’s Navy has recovered more debris from a cargo plane that crashed into the Arabian Sea earlier this week, as search teams entered the third day of efforts to locate the aircraft’s five missing crew members. Authorities said the newly recovered wreckage will be examined as investigators continue to probe what caused the crash. The K2 Airways cargo plane disappeared from radar on Tuesday night while flying from Sharjah in the UAE to Karachi after reporting a navigation system malfunction. While floating debris has been recovered about 100 kilometres off Pakistan’s Makran coast, the aircraft’s main fuselage and all five crew members remain missing, according to the Pakistan Airports Authority. Families urge deeper search As hopes of finding survivors fade, families of the missing crew have appealed to the government not to scale back the operation. Nazim Jatoi, the father of co-pilot Faisal Jatoi, urged authorities to bring in specialist companies capable of locating the aircraft’s flight data and cockpit voice recorders in deep water, saying …

Cargo backlog at ports cleared due to timely intervention, monitoring: Sonowal | Business News

Cargo backlog at ports cleared due to timely intervention, monitoring: Sonowal | Business News

2 min readNew DelhiApr 11, 2026 12:05 AM IST Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal said on Friday that nearly 90 per cent of the cargo backlog at Indian ports due to the blockade of the Strait of Hormuz has been cleared because of timely intervention and continuous monitoring. He said this while chairing a high-level review meeting with senior officials and port authorities. The minister said the evolving situation in West Asia had initially disrupted cargo movement and vessel traffic. “We acted swiftly and in a coordinated manner to address emerging challenges. Continuous monitoring and timely intervention have helped us regularise port operations and clear the backlog efficiently, ensuring that India’s trade remains resilient,” Sonowal said. A source in the ministry told The Indian Express that cargo containers had piled up at various ports as vessels were not going towards West Asia. These were cleared and the cargo sent either to the domestic market or to the country of origin. The minister reviewed port-wise operational status and acknowledged the efforts of …

Two Indian ships with LPG cargo sail safely out of Gulf region

Two Indian ships with LPG cargo sail safely out of Gulf region

Two Indian LPG carriers, BW TYR and BW ELM, carrying a combined LPG cargo of about 94,000 metric tonnes, have safely transited the Gulf region and are moving towards Indian shores.  BW TYR is proceeding towards Mumbai with an expected time of arrival on 31st March, while BW ELM is en route to New Mangalore with an expected arrival date of 1st April, according to a statement issued by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways on Sunday, reported IANS. All necessary measures have been instituted to ensure the safety and security of Indian vessels and seafarers operating in the Gulf region. All Indian seafarers in the region are safe, and no incident involving Indian-flagged vessels has been reported in the past 24 hours, the statement said. A total of 18 Indian-flagged vessels with 485 Indian seafarers remain in the western Persian Gulf region. The Directorate General of Shipping (DG Shipping), in coordination with ship owners, RPSL agencies, and Indian Missions, is actively monitoring the situation, reported IANS. DG Shipping assists 942 seafarers; port operations …

India Weighs Naval Escorts For Tankers & Cargo Ships For Safe Passage Through Hormuz | Exclusive | India News

India Weighs Naval Escorts For Tankers & Cargo Ships For Safe Passage Through Hormuz | Exclusive | India News

Last Updated:March 12, 2026, 11:17 IST Around 40 vessels with more than 1,100 Indian seafarers are currently affected by the conflict-triggered disruption in the Persian Gulf region, officials told CNN-News18 The Strait of Hormuz has been closed since the beginning of the West Asia conflict while effectively being under the control of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards. (Image: AP/File) The government is weighing the option of deploying naval escorts for Indian-linked commercial vessels stranded near the Strait of Hormuz as the ongoing West Asia war disrupts one of the world’s busiest energy routes, according to top government sources. Around 40 vessels with more than 1,100 Indian seafarers are currently affected by the conflict-triggered disruption in the Persian Gulf region, officials told CNN-News18. Many of these ships are waiting to safely exit waters near Iran and the Gulf of Oman as tensions escalate between Iran, the United States and Israel. High-level deliberations are underway in the Prime Minister’s Office under the supervision of NSA Ajit Doval, with officials closely monitoring the situation and assessing whether Indian naval warships …

No petrol, diesel price hike; first cargo moves through Strait of Hormuz: Govt

No petrol, diesel price hike; first cargo moves through Strait of Hormuz: Govt

Government sources said on Saturday that petrol and diesel prices will not increase, adding that India’s energy stock position is improving and the situation is becoming more stable, reported IANS According to the sources, the improving energy stock situation has given the government greater confidence in managing fuel supplies. They added that India has also taken steps to diversify its crude oil imports to reduce dependence on vulnerable routes. India cuts Hormuz dependence, crude supply stabilising “India has increased its crude oil imports from sources other than the Strait of Hormuz. Earlier, about 60 per cent of India’s crude oil imports came from sources outside the strategic shipping route, but that share has now increased to around 70 per cent,” they stated. “The first cargo has already started moving through the Strait of Hormuz — indicating that supply flows are stabilising,” they mentioned. According to IANS, the clarification from the government came after the opposition political parties alleged that fuel prices could increase. Responding to the claims, government sources said the allegation was completely baseless. …