All posts tagged: Charge

Pakistan summons U.S. Chargé d’Affaires over Sergio Gor’s remarks on J&K

Pakistan summons U.S. Chargé d’Affaires over Sergio Gor’s remarks on J&K

U.S. Ambassador to India Sergio Gor held a meeting with Jammu and Kashmir’s Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar on August 19, 2026. | Photo Credit: AP Pakistan on Wednesday (August 19, 2026) summoned U.S. Chargé d’Affaires Natalie Baker and lodged a “strong demarche” over remarks by U.S. Ambassador to India Sergio Gor regarding Jammu and Kashmir during his visit to the Union Territory. In Srinagar, Mr. Gor told reporters that Jammu and Kashmir is an “important part of India” and an incredibly beautiful place. Mr. Gor, who took a ‘shikara’ ride at the famous Dal Lake in Srinagar, also said that the U.S. will reconsider the advisories on travel to J&K as the central government and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have taken steps to make it a safer place. Hours after his remarks, Pakistan’s Foreign Office summoned the U.S. Chargé d’Affaires in Islamabad and lodged a “strong demarche” over the comments made by Mr. Gor, who is also the Trump administration’s Special Envoy to South and Central Asia. “Pakistan strongly condemned and categorically rejected …

Pakistan summons US charge d’affaires over Sergio Gor’s remarks during J&K visit

Pakistan summons US charge d’affaires over Sergio Gor’s remarks during J&K visit

Pakistan on Wednesday summoned the US charge d’affaires in Islamabad over remarks made by US ambassador to India Sergio Gor during his visit to Jammu and Kashmir. Sergio Gor had said, during his visit to Srinagar, that Jammu and Kashmir “is an important part of India.” (AP Photo) In a statement released on Wednesday, Pakistan’s ministry of foreign affairs said the US envoy to Islamabad was summoned and “a strong demarche lodged” against Gor’s remarks. Gor had, earlier on Wednesday during his visit to Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir, said the union territory “is an important part of India.” This was his first visit to Jammu and Kashmir, during which the US ambassador to India also said that America would reconsider its travel advisories for the region. In the statement, Pakistan said that it “strongly condemned” the remarks and called them “irresponsible”. “It was underscored that Jammu and Kashmir is…awaiting final disposition in accordance with the relevant UNSC resolutions and the aspirations of the Kashmiri people,” Pakistan’s ministry of foreign affairs claimed. It claimed that …

Did Sunny Deol Charge 50% Of The Film’s Budget, 500% Higher Than Preity Zinta?

Did Sunny Deol Charge 50% Of The Film’s Budget, 500% Higher Than Preity Zinta?

Batwara 1947 Cast Salary: Huge Paychecks For Sunny Deol & Preity Zinta? ( Photo Credit – Instagram ) Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi and produced by Aamir Khan, Batwara 1947 has been one of the most anticipated period dramas of the year. However, it is clashing with Emraan Hashmi’s Awarapan 2 and the initial results do not seem to be in favor of Sunny Deol’s film, especially, looking at the budget and the paychecks of the star cast! Based on Asghar Wajahat’s celebrated play Jis Lahore Nai Vekhya, O Jamya E Nai, the Partition drama brings together an impressive ensemble cast featuring Sunny Deol, Preity Zinta, Shabana Azmi, Ali Fazal, and Karan Deol. The story narrates the trauma of the partition of India and Pakistan on both sides! Batwara 1947 Starcast Salary Breakdown Earlier, it was reported that the budget of Batwara 1947 is a controlled one since it has been mostly shot in a studio setup, bringing the investment to 70 – 80 crore! However, the budget of the film is 120 crore, and as …

Jamie Lee Curtis takes charge in new comedy ‘Newlyweds’

Jamie Lee Curtis takes charge in new comedy ‘Newlyweds’

Oscar-winning actress Jamie Lee Curtis fulfilled two wishes with her new television project, “Newlyweds”: being the boss and returning to the set of a sitcom. Jamie Lee Curtis takes charge in new comedy ‘Newlyweds’ Starring Tea Leoni and Tim Daly, the comedy, which premieres in October on NBC, centers on an impulsive romance between a middle-aged couple who tie the knot after just a few days together. Curtis, who has an extensive film and television resume, said the multi-camera sitcom appealed to her to the point of having previously “begged” her agents for such an opportunity. “It was my favorite job. I love… every aspect of it. The dance with the cameras, the idea that you actually get to rehearse something and work it and learn a joke and play it,” she told reporters. “And I just never got to do it. And so I just decided to basically kind of create my own job and met Gail,” she added, referring to “Will & Grace” screenwriter Gail Lerner. The comedy, in which Curtis plays an …

US kicking off pilot program to charge immigrants up to 0,000 bond for visa: Report

US kicking off pilot program to charge immigrants up to $250,000 bond for visa: Report

In a major update on the US potentially charging a significant, one-time bond for immigrant visas, the Department of Homeland Securityreportedly launched a pilot program to that effect. Representational image. (Unsplash) The Washington Beacon reported on Wednesday that the program would go into effect starting Tuesday and will apply to “certain immigrants from the Dominican Republic.” A State Department official told the outlet that it will start rolling out in the consular offices in the Caribbean nations. The official clarified that the program will be applicable to immigrants who have been found “ineligible on public charge grounds to post a bond with USCIS in order to be issued an immigrant visa.” It primarily affects USCIS rejections on grounds of suspected inability to financially support oneself in the US. Additionally, while the program is not being officially rolled out as such, US consulates in the Caribbean, which decide bond amounts for visas, are considering cases in the range of $100,000 or $250,000, the report states. Also read: US visa woes: Panic rise among Indian students over …

Vellore GH staffer suspended over bribery charge

Vellore GH staffer suspended over bribery charge

A staffer attached to the mortuary at Government Medical College Hospital in Vellore was suspended on Friday for reportedly demanding ₹2,000 cash to send the body of deceased for postmortem. The suspended staff was identified as R. Kannan. Initial inquiry revealed that victim B. Velu, a tribal from Palambattu village atop Peechamanthai hillock, requested Kannan to send the body of his relative K. Saravanan, who died in the village a few days ago, for postmortem. Health officials said that Kannan reportedly demanded ₹2,000 cash for the purpose. The video of the incident went viral on social media and invited public outcry. Subsequently, an inquiry was conducted by hospital authorities. Based on the orders of Collector P.S. Leela Alex, Rohini Devi, dean of the hospital, issued a suspension order against the mortuary staff. A probe is under way. Published – July 31, 2026 11:20 pm IST Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, …

CBI files charge sheet against 13 accused in NEET-UG 2026 paper leak case

CBI files charge sheet against 13 accused in NEET-UG 2026 paper leak case

Abhijeet Dipke, head of the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP), celebrates with supporters after the resignation of Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan over National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) examination paper leaks, at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi. File | Photo Credit: Reuters The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed a charge sheet against 13 arrested accused persons in the NEET-UG 2026 paper leak case, the agency said on Tuesday (July 28, 2026). All of them are currently in judicial custody. The charge sheet comes days after Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan resigned from the post on July 25, in the wake of over a month-long agitation led by the Cockroach Janta Party. The agency has invoked provisions related to criminal conspiracy, cheating, criminal breach of trust, destruction of evidence and other associated charges under the Prevention of Corruption Act and the Public Examination (Prevention of Unfair Means) Act. It has cited 360 witnesses, 422 documents, and 43 material objects in the charge sheet. The agency registered the case based on a complaint lodged by the …

NEET paper leak: CBI files charge sheet against 13 accused in case

NEET paper leak: CBI files charge sheet against 13 accused in case

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed a charge sheet against 13 accused in connection with the NEET-UG paper leak case before the Rouse Avenue Court in New Delhi, reported the ANI. The charge sheet was submitted by the CBI’s Economic Offences unit and is expected to come up before a special fast-track court on Wednesday. The case has been registered under various provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), 2023, the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, and the Public Examinations (Prevention of Unfair Means) Act, 2024. The charges relate to alleged examination fraud, criminal conspiracy, corruption and the use of unfair means during a public examination. Thirteen accused named in charge sheet The Central Bureau of Investigation has named 13 accused in the charge sheet. They are Yash Yadav, Mangilal Biwal, Dinesh Biwal, Vikas Biwal, Shubham Khairnar, Dhananjay Lokhande, Prahalad Kulkarni, Tejas Harshad Kumar, Dr Manoj Shirure, Shivraj Raghunath Motegaonkar, Manisha Waghmare, Manisha Mandhare, Manisha Sanjay Hawaldar, according to the ANI. The CBI stated that all of them are currently in judicial custody. …

Pralhad Joshi assumes charge as Union Education Minister after Dharmendra Pradhan’s exit

Pralhad Joshi assumes charge as Union Education Minister after Dharmendra Pradhan’s exit

Newly appointed Union Education Minister Pralhad Joshi has taken charge, officials said on Sunday. Joshi was appointed education minister after Dharmendra Pradhan resigned from the post on Saturday. Joshi has been given additional charge of the education ministry besides his role as the consumer affairs minister. Pradhan resigned on Saturday, following which the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) called off its 36-day agitation that galvanised lakhs of people over irregularities in exams and the NEET paper leak. In his resignation letter, Pradhan said it was not a matter of “individual prestige” for him, and that he was disturbed to see the series of events that unfolded over the last 10 days.   Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the following link: Source link

‘This is a new subject for me’: Pralhad Joshi takes charge as education minister

‘This is a new subject for me’: Pralhad Joshi takes charge as education minister

Union minister Pralhad Joshi on Sunday took additional charge of the education ministry at Kartavya Bhavan. Union Minister Pralhad Joshi during a meeting as he takes charge as education minister, in New Delhi. (PTI) He chaired a meeting where he reviewed the implementation of various schemes and other initiatives of the department of school education and department of higher education, officials said. Joshi said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given him “this huge responsibility based on trust and belief.” He said he was in Karnataka on Saturday night and came to Delhi on Sunday morning and took charge at Kartavya Bhawan. “I am reviewing all the details here and the decisions that need to be taken. I have been gathering information and trying to understand the functioning of the entire ministry. We had continuous meetings today. This is a new subject for me. I have taken charge today and held detailed discussions with the senior officers. It is a very big department, so I will speak to you in detail after I have understood …