All posts tagged: Contact

‘Blocked me on WhatsApp’: Bhagyashri Borse says mom cut contact for 6 months for doing films | Telugu News

‘Blocked me on WhatsApp’: Bhagyashri Borse says mom cut contact for 6 months for doing films | Telugu News

5 min readHyderabadJul 27, 2026 07:06 PM IST Before she was Bharati in Lenin, before the packed theatres and the overnight recognition, Bhagyashri Borse was a girl from Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar whose family wanted nothing to do with the film industry. Lenin, starring Bhagyashri with Akhil Akkineni, has emerged as a success at the box office. In an interaction with college students on the Honest Town Hall series, the actor opened up about the months of silence from her mother, the childhood incident that taught her the value of money, and why she believes every woman should have a bank account of her own. When a student asked how she dealt with her family’s resistance to her career choice, Bhagyashri Borse did not soften the answer. Every single person in her family said no. “I called my mom. She said no,” Bhagyashri Borse recalled. “I called my dad. He said mom is saying no. I called my sister. I thought at least she would support me. She said they are saying no. Everyone said no.” …

Stokes’ cheeky jibe after ICC contact ECB over retirement video

Stokes’ cheeky jibe after ICC contact ECB over retirement video

2 min readJul 9, 2026 09:05 PM IST After the International Cricket Council (ICC) contacted the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) over the timing and manner of Ben Stokes’ retirement announcement during the third Test against New Zealand last month, the man himself took to social media to deliver a cheeky dig on the situation. Stokes had made his decision to retire public on the fourth day of the Trent Bridge Test with the ECB filming the speech that he had made to his teammates inside the dressing room ahead of the day’s play and posting on social media when the match was still in progress. The ICC alleged that publishing the footage before the conclusion of the Test breached its minimum standards governing Players’ and Match Officials’ Areas (PMOA) at international matches. Sack him … https://t.co/LYQ5ZlYqDE — Ben Stokes (@benstokes38) July 9, 2026 Stokes on Thursday quote tweeted the report on his social media and gave just a 2-word reaction. “Sack him,” the former England captain said playfully. The ICC’s letter reportedly cites …

‘Just waiting for evidence’: Ram Madhvani, former NASA scientist unpack science of alien contact in Spielberg’s films

‘Just waiting for evidence’: Ram Madhvani, former NASA scientist unpack science of alien contact in Spielberg’s films

What happens when an acclaimed filmmaker and a space engineer get together to talk about extraterrestrial life, cinema, and their shared admiration for Steven Spielberg? The rather niche question was answered by the Society of Intellectuals this past week as they organised a panel discussion for Spielberg’s new film Disclosure Day, headlined by National Award-winning filmmaker Ram Madhvani and former NASA engineer Nimisha Mittal. Nimisha Mittal and Ram Madhvani at the event in Mumbai. The discussion, cheesily subtitled ‘All will be disclosed’, was held in a cosy Mumbai bar, and ranged from the search for extraterrestrial life by scientists to how Spielberg has depicted that in his work spanning five decades. ‘We are just waiting for evidence’ Nimisha Mittal worked at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory for over 15 years, including the Mars rovers and the Cassini Space Orbiter. She spoke about how seriously the scientific community views the search for alien life. “You don’t always hear about it, but everyone in the scientific community is always hopeful of a connection. We are just waiting for …

Nipah virus resurfaces in Kerala with 43-year-old bizman testing positive; 72 people in contact list

Nipah virus resurfaces in Kerala with 43-year-old bizman testing positive; 72 people in contact list

Nipah virus has resurfaced in Kerala with a 43-year-old man from Feroke in Kozhikode district testing positive for the infection, state health minister K Muraleedharan said on Thursday. This is the first case of the infection caused by the zoonotic virus in the state this year. A security guard installs a warning board outside Nipah isolation ward at Government Medical College Hospital, in Kozhikode district in Kerala on Thursday. (PTI) Health officials in the state raised an alert after a preliminary PCR test conducted at the Kozhikode Government Medical College Hospital (MCH) late Wednesday indicated the presence of the virus. Fluid samples of the patient, sent for testing at the National Institute for Virology in Pune, also came back positive for the virus on Thursday. “The man is currently on ventilator support at the Kozhikode Government MCH. All possible treatments are being given,” Muraleedharan told reporters after a review meeting with top health officials in Thiruvananthapuram. The minister stressed that the man, a small-scale businessman residing within Ramanattukara municipality limits, had contact with a large …

India and Italy have been in continuous contact over Ukraine and West Asia conflicts: PM Modi

India and Italy have been in continuous contact over Ukraine and West Asia conflicts: PM Modi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Italian Premier Giorgia Meloni (right) leave after making statements following their meeting at Villa Pamphili in Rome on May 20, 2026. | Photo Credit: AP India and Italy have been in continuous contact over the conflicts in Ukraine and West Asia, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday, reiterating his call for “dialogue and diplomacy” to resolve the festering wars. Also read: PM Modi’s visit to Italy highlights on May 20, 2026 Delivering a press statement in Rome during the end of his visit of Europe, Mr. Modi described India-Italy relation as a “win-win partnership” and welcomed the upgradation of bilateral ties to the level of “Special Strategic Partnership”. “We have remained in continuous contact over Ukraine, West Asia and other areas of hostilities. India has a clear position that all problems should be resolved through dialogue and diplomacy,” said Mr. Modi in his press statement. “I am happy that we are upgrading our ties to the level of Special Strategic Partnership,” said Mr. Modi further. Modi and Meloni outline …

APSRTC bus catches fire after contact with low-hanging power cables in Kadapa

APSRTC bus catches fire after contact with low-hanging power cables in Kadapa

Transport Minister Mandipalli Ramprasad Reddy praised the the driver for his prompt response in bringing the bus to a halt and saving the lives of the passengers. File | Photo Credit: The Hindu An APSRTC bus went up in flames after it came in touch with low-hanging high tension power cables at Veerannagattupalle village in Kadapa district on Sunday. The incident has turned out to be a matter of concern considering the half a dozen such instances witnessed in Andhra Pradesh over the last fortnight. The APSRTC rural service (Palle Velugu) bus was proceeding from Kadiri in Sri Sathya Sai district to Vempalle in Kadapa district when the accident happened at Veerannagattupalle. After seeing smoke rising from the roof of the bus, the 22 passengers raised an alarm and brought the bus to a halt before rushing out to safety. Even as the passengers watched helplessly, the bus went up in flames and was almost completely gutted before the fire tenders arrived. Left stranded in a remote location, the passengers had to search for alternative …

Chengalpattu district: Contact details of election observers announced

Chengalpattu district: Contact details of election observers announced

Candidates, political party representatives, and members of the public belonging to the constituencies of Sholinganallur, Chengapattu, Pallavaram, Chitlapakkam, Tambaram, Thiruporur, and Cheyyur can contact their respective election observers at the following venues during the prescribed time, stated a press release.  For the Sholinganallur constituency, the general observer can be met at the Greater Chennai Corporation’s zone office 15 on Rajiv Gandhi Road, Sholinganallur, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 11 a.m. and noon. They can also be contacted at 7200843704.  For the Pallavaram constituency, the general observer will be available at the AVNL Guest House, GST Road, Cantonment Pallavaram, opposite Airport, on Mondays and Fridays between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. The public can also contact the observer at 7200813704.  For the Tambaram constituency, the general observer will be available on the first floor, Panagal Guest House, Chitlapakkam, on all days between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m., or can be contacted at 7200954217. For the Chengalpattu constituency, the general observer will be available at Room No. 1, PWD Inspection Bungalow, Chengalpattu, on all days between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 a.m. or contacted at 7200964217.  The observer for the Thiruporur constituency can be met at PWD Inspection Bungalow, Chengalpattu, on all days between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. The public can call them at 7200983704. The Cheyyur constituency’s general observer can be contacted at 7200824217 or the public can meet them at the Cheyyur Tahsildar Office near the bus stand on all days between 11 a.m. and noon. For the Madurantakam constituency, the general observer will be able to meet the public and political representatives at the Madurantakam Tahsildar office …

Daisy Shah says Palash Muchhal was afraid to contact her after wedding fiasco; refuses to judge him: ‘There are two sides to a coin’ | Bollywood News

Daisy Shah says Palash Muchhal was afraid to contact her after wedding fiasco; refuses to judge him: ‘There are two sides to a coin’ | Bollywood News

3 min readChennaiUpdated: Mar 18, 2026 09:58 PM IST After composer and filmmaker Palash Muchhal and cricketer Smriti Mandhana’s wedding was called off, the filmmaker announced his new directorial venture starring Shreyas Talpade and Daisy Shah in the lead roles. In a recent interaction, Daisy shared how Palash hesitated to contact her directly for the project after the controversy. Speaking to Miss Malini, she said, “I got 2–3 calls from random people saying that there is a film that Palash is making, and he wants me to be a part of the film. I was like Palash knows me personally because I am really good friends with Palash’s sister Palak, so I was thinking if Palash wants to speak to me, he will contact me directly, or he would message me through Palak so why am I getting a message from a random person whom I don’t know.” She added, “So, I happened to drop a message to Palash, asking about the same, and he said, ‘yeah ma’am this is true, but because of the …

Celina Jaitly says she will stand by her brother even after he refuses to contact her: ‘He may be trying to protect me’

Celina Jaitly says she will stand by her brother even after he refuses to contact her: ‘He may be trying to protect me’

On March 16, the Delhi High Court dismissed a petition filed by Celina Jaitly seeking help to meet her brother, Vikrant Jaitly, who is currently in detention in the United Arab Emirates, after he refused to contact her. Taking to Instagram on Wednesday, Celina has now shared a new post to address the decision of her brother, noting that he might be trying to ‘shield’ her from further strain. (Also read: Delhi High Court rejects petition by Celina Jaitly after brother Vikrant and wife refuse legal support, contact in UAE) Celina Jaitly had been pursuing the case of the detainment of her brother, Maj (Rtd) Vikrant Kumar Jaitly, in the United Arab Emirates since September last year. Celina reacts to her brother’s decisions in context Celina shared a picture with her brother and penned a long note in the caption to address the issue. She began, “The last I have spoken to my brother was on 23 August 2024 few days before he taken ( 6 September 2024) where in he was held in secret …

Celina Jaitly reacts as her detained brother Vikrant refuses to contact her

Celina Jaitly reacts as her detained brother Vikrant refuses to contact her

On March 16, the Delhi High Court dismissed actor Celina Jaitly’s petition seeking assistance to meet her brother, Vikrant Jaitly, who is currently detained in the United Arab Emirates, after he refused to contact her. Reacting to the development, Celina shared a note on social media, stating that her only intention was to ensure her brother’s safety and dignity. Celina Jaitly pens note after Delhi HC closes her petition seeking help for brother Vikrant Jaitly. Celina Jaitly reacts after her brother refuses to contact her On Monday, Celina took to Instagram and shared a photo of herself and her brother with their parents. Along with the picture, she penned a note expressing gratitude to the Delhi High Court. She wrote, “Gratitude to the Hon’ble Court & Government of India. Today was the last hearing of my writ petition before the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi.” She added, “I had approached the Hon’ble Court out of deep concern for the safety, security & well-being of my brother, Maj Vikrant Kumar Jaitly. He is in a foreign …