All posts tagged: IndiaPakistan

Sunny Deol & Shabana Azmi’s Film Is Not An India-Pakistan Partition Story—It Stirs A Bigger Debate About Us As People!

Sunny Deol & Shabana Azmi’s Film Is Not An India-Pakistan Partition Story—It Stirs A Bigger Debate About Us As People!

Batwara 1947 Movie Review Rating: Star Cast: Sunny Deol, Preity Zinta, Karan Deol, Shabana Azmi, Ali Fazal Director: Rajkumar Santoshi Batwara 1947 Movie Review: Sunny Deol shines with a heartfelt performance (Photo Credit – Instagram) What’s Good: The incisive script and message, and Shabana Azmi’s towering performance What’s Bad: Intermittent spells of the ‘usual’ superhero in Sunny Deol Loo Break: Don’t ‘Partition’ this narration Watch or Not?: Surely yes! Language: Hindi Available On: Theatrical release Runtime: 146 Minutes User Rating: The time is India’s Partition. The wealthy Sikandar Mirza (Sunny Deol) and his family—wife Hamida (Preity Zinta), son Javed (Karan Deol), and daughter Nishaat (Kanikka Kapur)—are set to rejoice with India’s Independence when communal riots erupt and the celebrations are stymied. Left with no option but to leave (for good) for Lahore, Sikandar and his family get on board an overcrowded train, while Javed cannot enter the train along with their family friend Rashid and his clan. Devastated, Sikandar, his wife, and daughter stay in a refugee camp in Lahore until a poet named Habib …

Imran Khan’s sister summoned over remarks on 2025 India-Pakistan conflict, support for Modi | Pakistan News

Imran Khan’s sister summoned over remarks on 2025 India-Pakistan conflict, support for Modi | Pakistan News

3 min readNew DelhiJul 20, 2026 11:20 AM IST Pakistan’s cybercrime investigation agency Saturday issued a summons to former prime minister Imran Khan’s sister, Noreen Niazi, accusing her of disseminating “false, offensive and inflammatory” content online to defame the country’s institutions. The National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) has asked Niazi to appear before its Islamabad office on Monday to record her statement, news agency PTI reported. The summons arrived after Niazi, in a recent interview, claimed the military confrontation between India and Pakistan, which took place in May 2025, emerged out of a collusion between Pakistan’s military leadership and India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The military operations were orchestrated to enhance the image of the armed forces, she had said in the video that is being widely circulated on social media. What has the agency stated? The notice sent by the investigating agency, addressed to Niazi, stated: “You have been found to have disseminated false, offensive, and inflammatory social media content to defame state institutions and spread fake narratives.” According to a report in …

Illegal mosques, madrassas demolished near India-Pakistan border in Jaisalmer

Illegal mosques, madrassas demolished near India-Pakistan border in Jaisalmer

Jaisalmer district administration has carried out an anti-encroachment drive in border areas adjoining the India-Pakistan international boundary and demolished six alleged illegal mosques and madrassa buildings constructed on government land, officials said on Friday (July 17, 2026). The action was taken under the administration’s “Operation Clean” in the Nachna, Tanot and Shahgarh areas on Thursday. Also Read | Internet services suspended, prohibitory orders imposed in Jaipur for anti-encroachment drive The officials said that the demolition drive was conducted in villages including Mirpura, Hindolon Ki Dhani, Ahmadpura and Dhanana. The structures were removed using earthmovers in the presence of revenue, police and administrative officials. According to the administration, the demolished structures had been built on government land, including land reserved for families displaced by the Pong Dam project. The campaign covered areas within about 50 kilometres of the international border. Heavy deployment of police and security agencies remained present during the operation in view of the sensitivity of the border region. The administration said the drive resumed after the Jodhpur Bench of the Rajasthan High Court, …

Ranbir Kapoor got worried as mom Neetu Kapoor shot for Daadi Ki Shaadi amid India-Pakistan conflict: ‘Please come back’

Ranbir Kapoor got worried as mom Neetu Kapoor shot for Daadi Ki Shaadi amid India-Pakistan conflict: ‘Please come back’

Bollywood actor Neetu Kapoor is gearing up for the release of her upcoming film Daadi Ki Shaadi, and recent conversations around the film have revealed some interesting behind-the-scenes moments. During a promotional interaction, Neetu recalled how her son Ranbir Kapoor grew concerned for her safety while she was shooting in Shimla amid rising tensions during the India–Pakistan conflict at the time. (Also Read: Daadi Ki Shaadi trailer: Kapil Sharma’s wedding plans go haywire as Neetu Kapoor’s ‘savage daadi’ decides to marry) Worried Ranbir Kapoor requested mom Neetu Kapoor to leave shoot and return home during India-Pakistan conflict. When Ranbir Kapoor got worried for mom Neetu Kapoor Speaking about the film’s shoot, co-actor Kapil Sharma shared that several unexpected situations arose during production. He said, “So many things happened during the making of this film. The war had started, and the situation had become very serious at that time. I think Ranbir had called you.” Neetu confirmed this and explained how her son reacted to the situation. She said, “Yes, Ranbir called me and said, ‘Mumma, …

Panicked Ranbir Kapoor called mom Neetu at Shimla set during India-Pakistan conflict: ‘Please come back’ | Bollywood News

Panicked Ranbir Kapoor called mom Neetu at Shimla set during India-Pakistan conflict: ‘Please come back’ | Bollywood News

Shot in Shimla, Daadi Ki Shaadi turned into more than just another film set for its cast. Away from the usual chaos of vanity vans and luxury hotels, the team spent weeks living in neighbouring cottages, bonding closely while filming the family entertainer. But during the shoot, the atmosphere off-screen suddenly became tense as Operation Sindoor took place in May 2025. Recently, the cast of the film, including Neetu Kapoor, Kapil Sharma and Riddhima Kapoor Sahni, sat down together and recalled those unforgettable days on set. Kapil Sharma recalled how much Neetu Kapoor enjoyed the filming experience and revealed that she herself had admitted she had not had this much fun on a set in years. “Neetu ma’am said that after the film Kabhi Kabhie, she had this much fun during a shoot,” he shared. Neetu agreed and explained how the unusual setup in Shimla helped everyone connect more naturally. “That’s true. We had so much fun during the shoot. These days, everyone stays inside their vanity vans, but there were no vanity vans there,” …

New survey to shift India-Pakistan fencing could end decades of BSF restrictions

New survey to shift India-Pakistan fencing could end decades of BSF restrictions

Farmers living along the India–Pakistan border in Punjab have welcomed the Centre’s decision to conduct a survey aimed at shifting border fencing closer to the international boundary. If implemented, the move will bring major relief to farmers long forced to cultivate their crops across the fence under tight BSF restrictions including limited farming hours and repeated security checks. Chief Minister Bhagwant Singh Mann recently said letters have been issued to deputy commissioners (DCs) of border districts — Pathankot, Gurdaspur, Amritsar, Tarn Taran, Fazilka, and Ferozepur — to conduct surveys and assess how close the fencing can be moved to the International Border (IB). Punjab shares a 532-km border with Pakistan, which is secured by a barbed wire fence. Considering the terrain and topography, the distance between the fence and the IB varies from a few feet at some places to nearly 2 km at others. As per an estimate, nearly 21,500 acres of land belonging to Punjab’s farmers and another 10,000 acres of the government lies between the fence and the IB. BSF mans the …

Trump repeats India-Pakistan ceasefire claim amid war with Iran| India News

Trump repeats India-Pakistan ceasefire claim amid war with Iran| India News

US President Donald Trump on Monday again claimed that he ended the India-Pakistan war, saying that he saved 30 to 50 million lives, amid the ongoing war with Iran that has been going on for 6 weeks. US President Donald Trump, alongside Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, speaks about the conflict in Iran in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room of the White House on April 6, 2026, in Washington, DC. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP) (AFP) The India-Pakistan conflict in May last year escalated when New Delhi conducted Operation Sindoor in response to the Pehalgam terror attack, targeting terrorists deep inside Pakistan’s territory. Trump has repeatedly claimed that the 3-day conflict was ended by him, though India has repeatedly denied the claim. “I ended 8 wars, including India and Pakistan, so much so that the Prime Minister of Pakistan told me that I saved 30 to 50 million lives,” Trump said in the press conference at the White House. He repeated the claim a second time in the same press conference, saying …

Rajinikanth praises Dhurandhar 2: When he spoke of army brother who died in 1965 India-Pakistan war

Rajinikanth praises Dhurandhar 2: When he spoke of army brother who died in 1965 India-Pakistan war

Tamil star Rajinikanth was recently all praise for Aditya Dhar’s Ranveer Singh-starrer Dhurandhar: The Revenge, which details a fictional undercover operation by India to bring down a terror outfit in Pakistan. After his post went viral, fans dug out an old video of the star talking about his brother, an army soldier who died in the 1965 India-Pakistan war. Rajinikanth was one of the many who had contributed to the Kargil relief fund. When Rajinikanth spoke about his brother During the 1999 Kargil War, former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi supported the armed forces by mobilising the Kargil Relief Fund. Tamil Nadu had contributed ₹30 crore to the cause, and Rajinikanth was one among the many celebrities who made donations. Talking at a fundraising event, the star revealed the cause was close to his heart as his brother had died during the 1965 India-Pakistan war. He said, “Personally, I know what war is like. My elder brother, Nageshwara Rao, was an army man. He was in the 1965 India-Pakistan war. He was injured and …

‘It will be India-Pakistan, I don’t want to do it’: Sriram Raghavan on Dharmendra turning down Agent Vinod

‘It will be India-Pakistan, I don’t want to do it’: Sriram Raghavan on Dharmendra turning down Agent Vinod

Late actor Dharmendra’s last film was filmmaker Sriram Raghavan‘s war drama Ikkis. Speaking at an event organised by the Screenwriters Association (SWA), Sriram revealed that Dharmendra had turned down a role for his 2012 film Agent Vinod. Dharmendra with Sriram Raghavan during the shoot of Ikkis in Lucknow in 2023. Sriram Raghavan reveals why Dharmendra declined to be part of Agent Vinod. Sriram previously worked with Dharmendra in his 2007 film, Johnny Gaddar. He revealed that while planning Agent Vinod, he had approached the veteran actor for the role of a RAW chief, which Dharmendra declined. “After Johnny Gaddar, I told him I want to work with you again, and he said, ‘Yes, of course’. When I was doing Agent Vinod, I remember we had written a role for the head of RAW, and his counterpart was going to be Zeenat Aman; we wanted her to be in Russia. So, it was an older and a younger story,” he said as quoted by news agency PTI. “But it was all in the writing stage. When …

At Board Of Peace Meet, Trump Reasserts Tariff Threat Stopped India-Pakistan War | World News

At Board Of Peace Meet, Trump Reasserts Tariff Threat Stopped India-Pakistan War | World News

Last Updated:February 19, 2026, 23:24 IST Despite the US President’s insistence, the Indian government has consistently and firmly rejected any narrative of third-party mediation Trump told the assembled dignitaries, including Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, that he had issued a direct ultimatum to both New Delhi and Islamabad. File pic United States President Donald Trump has once again claimed that his personal intervention—leveraging the threat of “200 per cent tariffs”—was the decisive factor in halting a military escalation between India and Pakistan in May last year. Speaking on Thursday at the inaugural session of his “Board of Peace” in Washington, DC, the President stated that the two nuclear-armed neighbours were on the precipice of a “bad nuclear war” before he intervened. Trump told the assembled dignitaries, including Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, that he had issued a direct ultimatum to both New Delhi and Islamabad. “I called them and I said, listen, I’m not doing trade deals with you two guys if you don’t settle this up,” he remarked. He further alleged that the conflict …