All posts tagged: isl owners

Manchester City owners’ exit from Mumbai City made ‘in light of ongoing uncertainty’ around future of ISL | Football News

Manchester City owners’ exit from Mumbai City made ‘in light of ongoing uncertainty’ around future of ISL | Football News

The City Football Group (CFG), owners of England and European giants Manchester City and multiple other clubs around the world, confirmed via a joint statement with Mumbai City FC that it has parted ways with the latter due to the uncertainty around the future of the Indian Super League (ISL). Mumbai City had earlier informed the All India Football Federation (AIFF) of the CFG selling its 65 percent shares to the club’s parent company Mumbai City Football India Pvt Ltd, which is co-owned by Bollywood star Ranbir Kapoor and chartered accountant Bimal Parekh. “Mumbai City FC can confirm that City Football Group Limited has divested its shareholding in the club. The founding owners will assume full control of the organisation moving forward,” said the statement. “CFG has made this decision following a comprehensive commercial review and in light of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the future of the Indian Super League (ISL). This step reflects CFG’s disciplined and strategic approach – ensuring its focus remains on areas where it can have the greatest long-term impact.” CFG …

Mohun Bagan suspends first team operations as ISL limbo continues, East Bengal urges BCCI to step in | Football News

Mohun Bagan suspends first team operations as ISL limbo continues, East Bengal urges BCCI to step in | Football News

Mohun Bagan Super Giant have said that they have suspended first team operations in the wake of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) stating that it has received no bids for the tender it floated inviting new commercial partners for running the Indian Super League (ISL). Reigning ISL champions Bagan’s campaign in the ongoing Super Cup came to an end in the group stage on October 31 with a goalless draw against heated cross-town rivals East Bengal. A source within the club told The Indian Express that the players had been informed of operations being potentially stopped by the club if there is no clarity on the ISL. “We were optimistic of a December 15 start for the ISL and the players were initially scheduled to assemble on Monday for the camp,” the official told this paper. However, with no bids now coming for the league, it is unlikely to start this year at all. No stoppage of operations for East Bengal Meanwhile, East Bengal senior executive committee member Debabrata (Nitu) Sarkar is quoted as …