All posts tagged: Ops

3 workers remain trapped as rescue ops continue at Uttarakhand tunnel

3 workers remain trapped as rescue ops continue at Uttarakhand tunnel

The rescue operation at an under-construction tunnel at Mayapur in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district continued through the night and into Friday morning, with three of the 22 workers still trapped. Nineteen workers have been rescued so far. Debris and water entered a stretch of approximately 1.5 km of the three km-long tunnel. Seven deaths have been confirmed, and 12 injured workers are undergoing treatment. The seven have been identified as Pradeep Singh Pawar, 31, Mukesh (Uttarakhand), Durlabh Sharma (Bihar), Vijay, 28, Jitendra Kumar (Jharkhand), and Lokeshwar and Bhuneshwar. Debris and water entered a stretch of approximately 1.5 km of the three-kilometre-long tunnel of the Vishnugad-Pipalkoti Hydroelectric Project after a landslide. Officials said top officials, including district magistrate Gaurav Kumar, were monitoring the rescue and relief operations at the site. Of the 22 people initially reported trapped, 19 were brought out during the overnight rescue operation. Seven were declared dead at a hospital. The search for the remaining three workers is continuing amid difficult conditions caused by the accumulation of debris and water inside the tunnel. Six …

Bengal: Toxic gases slow rescue ops in South Sikkim tunnel blast, toll reaches 13

Bengal: Toxic gases slow rescue ops in South Sikkim tunnel blast, toll reaches 13

The death toll in the methane explosion inside the under-construction tunnel of the Teesta Stage-VI Hydel Project in Bengal’s south Sikkim rose to 13 on Wednesday after another body was recovered, while 12 workers remained missing, officials said. Another body was recovered from the Teesta Stage-VI Hydel Project tunnel, taking the death toll to 13 Rescue teams battled poisonous gases, mud and poor visibility to search for survivors. “Conditions are very bad inside. It is pitch-dark and hot inside. The tunnel is full of poisonous gases such as methane and carbon monoxide. The floor of the tunnel is full of mud and our legs were frequently getting stuck,” said a member of the rescue team of Coal India Limited. A total of 25 workers, who were working inside Adit-3 of the 15-km-long tunnel in Namchi district, connecting the barrage at Siwarni with the powerhouse at Tarkhola in South Sikkim, were trapped on Monday. “The explosion was triggered by a possible methane gas leak. The methane gas was probably trapped in a pocket in the rock …

Moshi garbage depot collapse: Death toll rises to 9, rescue ops end

Moshi garbage depot collapse: Death toll rises to 9, rescue ops end

The five-day rescue operation at the Moshi Garbage Depot has ended after rescuers recovered one more body from the debris on Sunday, taking the death toll to nine. The tragedy unfolded on July 8 when a massive garbage mound collapsed onto the administrative building of the Waste-to-Energy project at the landfill site. Fourteen people were rescued or escaped, while nine workers lost their lives. Officials said 23 people were inside or around the building when the collapse occurred. Five workers escaped immediately after the incident, while rescue teams pulled nine others out alive during the operation. The incident has triggered serious concerns over waste management practices, urban planning, environmental compliance and civic accountability in Pimpri-Chinchwad, one of India’s fastest-growing cities. Experts believe heavy monsoon rain destabilised the towering landfill, creating lateral pressure that caused the garbage mound to collapse onto the building. Waste management Engineers and members of the Pradhikaran Nagari Suraksha Kruti Society (PNSKS) have alleged that the disaster resulted from multiple violations of the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016. According to their preliminary …

Special ops substitutions, internal competition for spots

Special ops substitutions, internal competition for spots

Three substitutions in two games – on the face of it may look innocuous but these ended up saving England from exiting the World Cup in the Round of 32 and then the Round of 16. In a moment of need, Thomas Tuchel didn’t helplessly look at the English bench for a prayer. He instead had a plan – one that England have been hatching for a while now. There is no such thing as a cameo appearance for an England substitute. They are part of what Tuchel calls the ‘special operations’ team – a phrase he let out before the World Cup had even begun. Asked a question about Ivan Toney making it to the England team, Tuchel uttered the phrase that is used primarily in American football. Special teams is a group of eleven players who are used for kicking situations. Tuchel’s substitutes are all earmarked with certain roles to play in a match. A goal down against Congo, he brought Anthony Gordon on. Gordon, who had lost his place to Marcus Rashford …

Pune building collapse: NDRF recovers body from debris, rescue ops continue

Pune building collapse: NDRF recovers body from debris, rescue ops continue

A team from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) on Thursday recovered a body from the debris of a building that collapsed at a waste management facility in Pimpri Chinchwad near Pune, officials said. Nine people have been rescued so far as a multi-agency rescue operation continues at the site. The three-storey building, located near a waste-to-energy plant at Moshi, collapsed on Wednesday afternoon after a large mound of garbage crashed onto it. Several workers were trapped under the debris following the incident. Rescue teams search for trapped workers According to officials, seven people were rescued from the debris within hours of the collapse, while two more survivors were pulled out after midnight. A senior NDRF official said a body was recovered from the site on Thursday morning as teams continued searching for those still trapped. “We suspect that 7 to 8 people are still trapped under the debris. We have spotted two persons who are motionless and appear to be seriously injured. We have to remove the debris manually as machines could create vibrations …

Massive fire breaks out at cold storage unit in Lucknow, firefighting ops on

Massive fire breaks out at cold storage unit in Lucknow, firefighting ops on

A massive fire broke out at Himalayan Cold Storage in the Chinhat area in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh officials said on Sunday. Fire breaks out at a cold storage unit in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (PTI) Fire tenders were rushed to the spot soon after information about the blaze was received. Firefighting operations are currently underway as officials are attempting to bring the fire under control. Also Read I Fire breaks out on ninth floor of Greater Noida office tower; no casualties reported Upon noticing the massive smoke, the security guard alerted the owner. The owner called the police, after which the officials arrived promptly. Speaking to ANI about the incident, one of the locals recounted an incident where a fire broke out at the Himalaya Cold Store. Also Read I Lucknow fire tragedy: SIT report likely to recommend overhaul of fire safety norms He said, “Fire broke out at the Himalaya Cold Store, the origin of which remains unknown. Upon noticing smoke, the security guard alerted the owner, who then called the police using the emergency …

‘Spy turtles’ & ‘spy fish’ near China’s coast: Xi busts Taiwan’s desperate ops to outplay Beijing?

‘Spy turtles’ & ‘spy fish’ near China’s coast: Xi busts Taiwan’s desperate ops to outplay Beijing?

Published on Jun 15, 2026 08:45 am IST China has issued an extraordinary warning: foreign spy agencies are allegedly using “spy turtles” and “spy fish” – marine animals fitted with sensors – to snoop on its coastal waters and naval activities. Researchers, fishermen, and vessel owners have been urged to report suspicious devices, and previous cases have seen Chinese anglers rewarded with tens of thousands of dollars for turning in alleged spy gear. What makes this even more explosive is the timing: the warning comes as China steps up seabed mapping near Taiwan, fuelling speculation that both Beijing and its rivals are racing to dominate the underwater battlespace before any future conflict. Is this genuine counter‑espionage, information warfare, or both?   Home / Videos / ‘Spy turtles’ & ‘spy fish’ near China’s coast: Xi busts Taiwan’s desperate ops to outplay Beijing? Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the …

Who is Lt Commander Suraj Prashar? Awarded Shaurya Chakra for bravery in Kashmir ops

Who is Lt Commander Suraj Prashar? Awarded Shaurya Chakra for bravery in Kashmir ops

President Droupadi Murmu conferred prestigious gallantry awards on Monday to recognise exceptional acts of bravery by personnel of Indian armed forces and security agencies. Lt Commander Suraj Prashar launched a joint cordon and search operation on November 5 and 6 in 2024 in Jammu and Kashmir’s Chuntawadi village. (Screengrab/X/@PTI_News) Among the recipients of the Shaurya Chakra was Lieutenant Commander Suraj Prashar, who was conferred the prestigious award along with fellow soldiers for his brave act during Operation Chuntawadi in Jammu and Kashmir‘s Bandipora district. Under the operation, the soldiers eliminated heavily armed terrorists in coordinated action by security forces, according to a report by DD India. The operation was a success due to the courage of Prashar and other soldiers who were a part of it. Here is a video of Lt Commander Suraj Prashar receiving the award The Defence Investiture Ceremony 2026 (Phase-I) was held at Rashtrapati Bhavan and was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and defence minister Rajnath Singh as well, along with other dignitaries. Along with Lt Comander Suraj Prashar, Assistant …

7 hours, 300 people: How rescue teams, Indian army carried out ops after Gulmarg ropeway mishap

7 hours, 300 people: How rescue teams, Indian army carried out ops after Gulmarg ropeway mishap

The famous Gulmarg Gondola cable car in Jammu and Kashmir was hit by a technical snag on Monday, stranding more than 300 tourists mid-air for hours in 65 cabins of Asia’s highest ropeway, prompting a massive, seven-hour multi-agency rescue operation. Visual of the rescue operation after around 300 tourists were stranded aboard the largest cable car as the system developed technical problems, at a Gulmarg resort in Jammu and Kashmir, Monday, May 25, 2026. (PTI) The operation ensured the evacuation of all the people, some of whom were trapped in cabins dangling nearly 500 ft above the ground, news agency PTI reported, quoting officials, who said that rescue efforts were hampered by heavy rain in the area. Operations for both phases of the cable car service were immediately suspended following the glitch, which occurred around noon. The 7-hour rescue operation Teams from the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), the Jammu and Kashmir Police, and the Indian Army‘s Chinar Corps worked together, using ropes and ladders to bring the tourists …

Hundreds left stranded after cable car glitch in Gulmarg, army leads rescue ops | India News

Hundreds left stranded after cable car glitch in Gulmarg, army leads rescue ops | India News

2 min readSrinagarMay 25, 2026 05:51 PM IST The Gulmarg Gondola, the cable car service that takes tourists to the upper reaches of the tourist destination, developed a technical snag on Monday amid inclement weather, leaving hundreds of people stranded mid-air. Rescue operations were underway and Army personnel were pressed into service. A total of 65 cabins were stuck along the cables, and the Army said 116 people have been rescued so far from 21 cabins. “Rescue operations for the remaining cabins are in progress,” the Army said. Update Rescue Ops | #GulmargGondola | 05:10PM As of now,total 114 persons rescued from 21 cabins. Rescue operations by trained teams continue. All passengers are safe and situation under control. No need to panic.#NationFirst#AlwaysInCombat@adgpi@ChinarcorpsIA pic.twitter.com/LvrGsRo9SV — NORTHERN COMMAND – INDIAN ARMY (@NorthernComd_IA) May 25, 2026 Chief Minister Omar Abdullah attributed the incident to a “technical glitch”, adding that all cabins remain intact and rescue operations to safely evacuate stranded tourists are underway with trained teams on the ground. “The situation is completely under control and there is …