All posts tagged: snubbed

‘Chota artist hu, islie nahi bulaya’: Mithun Chakraborty reacts to being snubbed by Kolkata Film Festival organisers

‘Chota artist hu, islie nahi bulaya’: Mithun Chakraborty reacts to being snubbed by Kolkata Film Festival organisers

Padma Bhushan recipient and BJP leader Mithun Chakraborty revealed that he was not invited to the film festival in Kolkata, despite attending a meeting to mark the birth centenary of Bengali cinema icon Uttam Kumar. Alipurduar: Actor and BJP leader Mithun Chakraborty talked about being snubbed by the Kolkata Film Festival organisers. (PTI Photo) (PTI) Mithun Chakraborty on Kolkata snub “I wasn’t invited to the film festival,” Chakraborty said while speaking to the media in Kolkata on Friday. He contrasted the reported snub with an upcoming visit to Moscow, saying, “I am going to Moscow now; perhaps they will invite me. They are inviting me to the Moscow Film Festival. Yet, here in Bengal, I wasn’t invited.” The ‘Disco Dancer’ actor also suggested that he may have been sidelined as a “minor artist” as he has done a few roles in Bengali cinema, while pointing to the frequent invitations extended to figures who do not have a direct connection with Bengal. “Main bahut chota artiste hoon, shayad isliye nahi bulaya (I am a very minor …

Once snubbed for being overweight, Ismael Saibari stars for Morocco vs Brazil | Football News

Once snubbed for being overweight, Ismael Saibari stars for Morocco vs Brazil | Football News

4 min readJun 14, 2026 08:34 AM IST There is an incident from Ismael Saibari’s career that still rankles him to this day. It involves the time when Belgian club Anderlecht decided to cut him from the youth team as a 14-year-old. The reason: he was overweight. Although his career blew up after that snub, with him playing for clubs like PSV, where he was coached by legendary striker Ruud van Nistlerooy, Saibari still carries the scar of that incident. On Saturday, Saibari became the toast of the town back home in Morocco after scoring the team’s goal against Brazil in their FIFA World Cup opener at the New York New Jersey Stadium. Put through on goal by a perfectly weighted through ball from Brahim Diaz, the ball seemed to speed past Brazil’s two central defenders only to slow down for Saibari to chip it over the keeper Alisson with a split-second decision. The Anderlecht snub does come up frequently when Saibari does interviews. “I got an injury at Anderlecht and was getting less playing …

Patidar snubbed, Washington Sundar undeserving, Krunal should replace Bishnoi

Patidar snubbed, Washington Sundar undeserving, Krunal should replace Bishnoi

3 min readJun 8, 2026 09:32 PM IST Former India captain and ex-chief selector Krishnamachari Srikkanth has launched a blistering attack on the selectors over India’s T20I squad for the upcoming Ireland and England series, questioning multiple calls — from the vice-captaincy to the all-rounder slots. India have named Shreyas Iyer as the new T20I captain, with Tilak Varma handed the vice-captaincy after Axar Patel was stripped of the role he held during the T20 World Cup. Speaking on his YouTube channel CheekyCheekaTV, Srikkanth was unimpressed. “Tilak Varma hasn’t even captained a side,” he said, taking aim at chief selector Ajit Agarkar and head coach Gautam Gambhir for the decision. The former chief selector was equally pointed on the Tilak vs Patidar debate, a view he had aired on CheekyCheekaTV earlier this IPL season and one that has only hardened since. “He is not in form, and he doesn’t have the big-hitting capacity. He is not a tearaway batter. He can play shots, but he can’t demolish attacks like a Phil Salt or Rajat Patidar. …

Glenn Maxwell Snubbed in Shock Shake-Up

Glenn Maxwell Snubbed in Shock Shake-Up

Cricket Australia central contract has grabbed headlines after a dramatic shake-up saw key players axed from the list. Out of the snubbed list, veteran all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has been a notable one who was not named in Cricket Australia’s central contract list, raising fresh questions over how the 37-year old fits into the team’s long-term plans. Glenn Maxwell who retired from ODI cricket last year, making a way for Victorian Matt Short. The Cricket Australia has announced 21-player list which has no room for Sam Konstas, Jhye Richardson, Matt Short, Lance Morris and former test opener Usman khawaja. Meanwhile Todd Murphy, Brendan Doggett and Jake Weatherald has been included in the list. Test and ODI captain Pat Cummins, along with veteran players Steve Smith, Marnus Labuschagne and Mitchell Starc, along with performers Josh Hazlewood and Travis Head were included in the Australia Central Contract for 2026-27 season. Australia are set to play Bangladesh in two match test series in August, before clashing South Africa, New Zealand and India in a busy period that will decide …

Why England’s rising star Jamie Smith is actually relieved to be snubbed by the IPL | Cricket News

Why England’s rising star Jamie Smith is actually relieved to be snubbed by the IPL | Cricket News

3 min readMar 19, 2026 03:02 PM IST England wicketkeeper-batter Jamie Smith believes missing out on the Indian Premier League (IPL) this year might turn out to be “a blessing in disguise” as he prepares for an important red-ball season in his home country. The 25-year-old, who went unsold at the auction for IPL 2026, said that he still aspires to play in the cash-rich league, but due to the unexpected time off from the game, he is now focused on preparing to play his best possible cricket in the longer formats ahead of England’s Test matches this summer, beginning in June against New Zealand. “At the time, I would have definitely liked to have gone, it’s an ambition of mine to strengthen all sides of my game, and I see the IPL as something that can really enhance the white-ball side and does have benefits for the red-ball game,” the Surrey gloveman said on ESPNcricinfo. “But in hindsight, it’s fantastic to have a block of red-ball cricket. Towards the back end of the summer …

‘Can’t let this pass… I’m upset and sad’: Emotional Neymar reacts after being snubbed by Brazil again | Football News

‘Can’t let this pass… I’m upset and sad’: Emotional Neymar reacts after being snubbed by Brazil again | Football News

2 min readUpdated: Mar 18, 2026 03:17 PM IST He was the Brazil football team’s talisman not too long ago. But with injuries taking a toll on his body, Neymar finds himself out of the squad once again after Brazil national team coach Carlo Ancelotti named his team for the friendlies against France (on March 26 in Boston) and Croatia (March 31 in Orlando). Neymar had been eyeing a comeback to the Brazil set-up for the twin friendlies because they are Brazil’s final encounters before Ancelotti names his World Cup roster on May 18. Neymar, who currently plays for Santos after cutting short his contract at the Saudi Pro League, is Brazil’s all-time leading goalscorer with 79 goals. However, he has not been part of the national squad since October 2023, when he tore the ACL and meniscus in his left knee. After the latest snub, the Brazil forward reacted to the news that he had been left out of the side. “I’m going to say it because I can’t let this pass. Obviously, I’m …

‘Why should Dharam ji care about Oscars’: Hema Malini reacts to Dharmendra being snubbed from In Memoriam segment

‘Why should Dharam ji care about Oscars’: Hema Malini reacts to Dharmendra being snubbed from In Memoriam segment

Last month during the 79th British Academy Film Awards, BAFTA honoured late Indian superstar Dharmendra in their In Memoriam section. The He-Man of Bollywood breathed his last in November last year at the age of 89 following age-related illness. Talking about the tribute, Dharam Paaji’s wife Hema Malini had shared that the late superstar’s presence went beyond borders. So it was quite shocking for netizens across India when Dharam ji failed to get a mention during the 98th Academy Awards today. Dharmendra, along with Manoj Kumar, was honoured in the more detailed list on the Oscars’ official website but fans were disappointed about the snub during the live TV broadcast. Hema has now reacted to the same. Dharmendra and Hema Malini In a chat with Bollywood Hungama, Hema Malini shared, “It is a shame, of course. A shame for them to have overlooked an actor who means so many things to so many people in many parts of the world. Dharamji was known and recognized everywhere.” However, Hema went on to add that Dharmendra would …

BAFTAs 2026 Full Winners List: One Battle After Another Takes 6 Trophies, Marty Supreme Gets Snubbed Despite 11 Nods

BAFTAs 2026 Full Winners List: One Battle After Another Takes 6 Trophies, Marty Supreme Gets Snubbed Despite 11 Nods

The British Academy of Film and Television Arts recognized and honored some of the biggest cinematic releases of 2025 in a ceremony held on Sunday, February 22, 2026, at Southbank Centre’s Royal Festival Hall in London. Hosted by Alan Cumming, the 79th British Academy Film Awards was a star-studded affair with the biggest stars in attendance.  Among the winners of the night, Paul Thomas Anderson’s Leonardo DiCaprio-led One Battle After Another was the biggest earner with an impressive 6 grabs. Michael B. Jordan’s Sinners followed with 3 of its own. Robert Aramayo, who led I Swear, was the most welcome surprise, winning the coveted Best Leading Actor award among some of the best contenders.  However, the biggest shock remained Marty Supreme, which was given no trophies even after being in the running for a whopping 11. The Josh Safdie sports dramedy tied 1969 film Women in Love and 2004’s Finding Neverland in doing so. The latter two went on to nab one Oscar each, meaning all hope is not lost for the Timothée Chalamet starrer, which did …

Oscars 2026 nominations: Karan Johar pens emotional note for Neeraj Ghaywan after Homebound gets snubbed | Bollywood News

Oscars 2026 nominations: Karan Johar pens emotional note for Neeraj Ghaywan after Homebound gets snubbed | Bollywood News

After the celebratory moments that RRR and The Elephant Whisperers delivered in recent years — milestones that placed Indian cinema firmly in the global spotlight — expectations were understandably high this year. That optimism only grew when Neeraj Ghaywan’s Homebound made it to the top-15 shortlist for the Best International Feature Film category at the Oscars, putting it just one step away from a final nomination. However, when the 98th Academy Awards nominations were announced on January 22, Homebound failed to make it into the final list of five films, leaving many Indian film lovers disappointed. The news came as a blow. Yet amid the heartbreak, producer Karan Johar made sure to publicly stand by the film’s director, Neeraj Ghaywan. Neeraj Ghaywan’s Instagram Stories. Soon after the nominations were revealed, Karan took to his Instagram Stories, sharing a collage from Homebound along with a heartfelt message: “Proud! Love you Neeraj Ghaywan for allowing us to bask in your light!” Neeraj Ghaywan was quick to respond, resharing Karan’s post and writing, “Thank you Karan Johar! You …

Oscar nominations 2026: Sinners, One Battle After Another lead the pack; Homebound snubbed

Oscar nominations 2026: Sinners, One Battle After Another lead the pack; Homebound snubbed

The race to Hollywood’s biggest night is officially on. The nominations for the 98th Academy Awards were announced this evening by Lewis Pullman and Danielle Brooks, setting the stage for what promises to be an exciting end to the awards season. The nominations were announced by The Colour Purple’s Danielle Brooks, a former nominee herself, and Thunderbolts and Top Gun: Maverick star Lewis Pullman One Battle After Another As expected, some of the year’s most acclaimed titles dominated the list. Paul Thomas Anderson’s One Battle After Another emerged as the frontrunner after its sweeping success at the Golden Globes earlier this month. Timothee Chalamet’s Marty Supreme and Ryan Coogler’s Sinners, were also strong contenders. And while most nominations followed predictions, unfortunately, Neeraj Ghaywan’s Homebound couldn’t make its mark on international audiences with zero nominations under its belt. The 2026 Oscars will take place at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on March 15. The ceremony will air at 7 p.m. ET on ABC. Take a look at the full list of nominations. The 2026 Oscar …