All posts tagged: suggestions

Jharkhand govt seeks student suggestions for exam reforms

Jharkhand govt seeks student suggestions for exam reforms

Amid ongoing protests by aspirants over recruitment examinations, Jharkhand Minister Sudivya Kumar Sonu on Saturday announced that the state government has released a dedicated email ID to collect suggestions from students and stakeholders for policy reforms. Speaking to reporters here after a meeting with a delegation of agitating JPSC and JSSC aspirants in Ranchi, Minister Sonu stated that the government is committed to engaging with all student groups to reach a collective decision. Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the following link: Source link

What are the suggestions for J&K and Ladakh made by ex-Home Secretary Gopal Pillai-led forum? | Explained

What are the suggestions for J&K and Ladakh made by ex-Home Secretary Gopal Pillai-led forum? | Explained

Armed security personnel stand guard near Ghanta Ghar as security tightens in and around Lal Chowk on the 7th anniversary of the revocation of Article 370, in Srinagar on Wednesday. | Photo Credit: ANI The Story So Far: On the seventh anniversary of abrogation of provisions of Article 370, which once granted autonomous status to the erstwhile State of Jammu and Kashmir, the Forum for Human Rights in Jammu and Kashmir, in its annual report, strongly advocated for the restoration of full Statehood and repealing of the J&K Reorganization Act, 2019. The Forum has become the first major civil society group pitching for outreach to J&K, which has been in the throes of militancy for the past three decades. The Forum for Human Rights in Jammu and Kashmir came into being after the Centre ended special status in 2019. At present, Gopal Krishna Pillai, former Union Home Secretary, and Radha Kumar, former member, Group of Interlocutors for Jammu and Kashmir, co-chair it. Several judges — Justice Ruma Pal, former judge of the Supreme Court of …

Committed to engaging with youth, incorporating their suggestions into policymaking: Rajasthan CM

Committed to engaging with youth, incorporating their suggestions into policymaking: Rajasthan CM

Jaipur, Rajasthan Chief Minister Bhajanlal Sharma on Tuesday said the state government is committed to engaging with youth, and incorporating their suggestions into policymaking. Committed to engaging with youth, incorporating their suggestions into policymaking: Rajasthan CM He said the government is working to fulfil the aspirations of youth across sectors, from education and sports, to jobs and self-employment, also emphasising their role in building a developed India and Rajasthan. Addressing a programme titled ‘Sapno Ki Udaan’ at the chief minister’s residence here, Sharma said thoughtful, disciplined and value-driven youth form the foundation of a progressive society. “Youth are full of new ideas and energy. Our government is committed to engaging with them and incorporating their valuable suggestions into policymaking, including the budget,” he said. Highlighting steps taken by the government, Sharma said over 1.78 lakh youths have been provided government jobs in the past two-and-a-half years, while recruitment for around 51,000 posts is underway and more than 80,000 posts have been included in the recruitment calendar. Preparations are also being made for hiring in over …

PM Modi thanks people for responses, positive suggestions received for midnight video

PM Modi thanks people for responses, positive suggestions received for midnight video

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday (July 24, 2026) thanked everyone for the responses and positive suggestions received to his video, on Friday, July 24, 2026. Photo credit: Instagram/PM Modi Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday (July 24, 2026) thanked everyone for the responses and positive suggestions received to his video, where he announced the government’s decision to bring a strict law to punish those involved in paper leaks. In the video message, Mr. Modi said that a new Bill incorporating provisions for strong action against paper leaks will be introduced in the ongoing session of Parliament next week. Jantar Mantar protest LIVE The draft Bill, as announced by the Prime Minister in the Instagram video shared by him in the intervening night of Thursday (July 23) and Friday (July 24), was approved by the Union Cabinet on Friday. “Thank you, friends. I got the opportunity to talk to you at midnight. The way you have responded to my video, positive suggestions given by you, thanks to everybody. Your love will continue to flow; our …

Mohsin Naqvi has had enough, plans to include former Pakistan cricketers in advisory panel: ‘Can offer suggestions’

Mohsin Naqvi has had enough, plans to include former Pakistan cricketers in advisory panel: ‘Can offer suggestions’

Pakistan’s recent Test debacle against Bangladesh has led to heads rolling at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), and chief Mohsin Naqvi has now begun reaching out to former cricketers to fill key positions on the board to improve the state of the sport in the country. Naqvi, who was at the centre of the trophy controversy during the Asia Cup 2025, revealed that he plans to induct more members on the cricket advisory panel, which currently has three former cricketers. PCB chief Mohsin Naqvi set to take key decisions (AFP) Former captains Misbah-ul-Haq and Sarfaraz Ahmed are among Naqvi’s advisors for now, and, according to several reports, the PCB has been in discussions with Mohammad Hafeez and Younis Khan to bring the duo on board as new advisors. “I am meeting some former players in this regard, as I believe that cricket-related matters should be decided by those with extensive knowledge of the game,” Naqvi told reporters. Also Read: Mohsin Naqvi unhappy with Pakistan cricket’s progress; set to review Shan Masood, Sarfaraz Ahmed’s position over …

Bhumi Pednekar reacts to video of men making inappropriate suggestions on a woman’s wall painting, demands stricter laws

Bhumi Pednekar reacts to video of men making inappropriate suggestions on a woman’s wall painting, demands stricter laws

The last few days have seen a slew of deaths, especially of young women, related to dowry harassment and mental torture. The alleged dowry death case sent shockwaves across the nation when a 33-year-old woman was found dead at her home in Bhopal. Now, actor Bhumi Pednekar has flagged a disturbing video of some men making obscene gestures towards a woman’s wall painting. (Also read: Kangana Ranaut reacts after Bhopal dowry death, calls Indian society notorious for ‘abandoning’ daughters after marriage) Bhumi Pednekar is shocked to see the mentality of the youth in today’s age. What Bhumi wrote In a video that was shared by the Instagram account Tube Indian, some men were allegedly seen behaving inappropriately with a woman’s wall painting near a swimming pool. The incident quickly spread across social media and triggered strong reactions. Bhumi shared the video on her Instagram Stories and wrote, “This is the mentality of our youth. These are the same people who are going to sexually assault children and women. We are in a pandemic. Just words …

Shivakumar says leadership will make decisions, rejects suggestions of differences| India News

Shivakumar says leadership will make decisions, rejects suggestions of differences| India News

Deputy chief minister DK Shivakumar on Sunday said the Congress leadership would take decisions on Karnataka, rejecting suggestions of internal differences within the party. He said he and chief minister Siddaramaiah would accept them whenever decisions are made amid reports of a possible leadership change as the government nears three years in office. Deputy chief minister DK Shivakumar. (X) “I have already said that when the time comes, you will get to know [about the decision on the Karnataka leadership]. So I will not tell you,” he said, declining to share details of his discussions with party leaders after returning from Delhi. He maintained there are no issues and that they have faith in their party and will do what they have to. “They [the Congress leadership] will do what they have to do at the appropriate time,” he said. He responded to reports of a possible leadership change as the government nears three years in office, maintaining he has never discussed the matter. “I have never discussed this issue. The chief minister and I …

Delhi’s draft EV policy is in, suggestions sought| India News

Delhi’s draft EV policy is in, suggestions sought| India News

If you ride a two-wheeler in Delhi and plan to buy a new one after April 1, 2028, it may have to be electric if this policy goes through. This is a main provision of the draft Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy 2026–2030, released by the BJP government on Saturday. Draft EV policy released by Delhi’s BJP government on Saturday (Reuters/Representative Photo ) The policy, open for public comment for the next 30 days, lays out a phased roadmap to remove internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles from the roads across personal, commercial, and government use. It is backed by a set of purchase incentives, scrapping bonuses, and tax breaks. For most Delhi residents, the most immediate benefit is that any electric car priced up to ₹30 lakh (ex-showroom) will attract zero road tax and zero registration fee until March 31, 2030. The saving can run between ₹1.5 lakh and ₹2.5 lakh depending on the vehicle. ‘Strong hybrid’ cars in the same price bracket get a 50% road tax and registration fee exemption. EVs above ₹30 lakh …

‘Will Ruturaj Gaikwad ask and be open to Dhoni’s suggestions?’: Subramaniam Badrinath

‘Will Ruturaj Gaikwad ask and be open to Dhoni’s suggestions?’: Subramaniam Badrinath

2 min readMar 26, 2026 06:04 PM IST MS Dhoni is one of the greatest captains in Indian cricket, and he has won five Indian Premier League titles with Chennai Super Kings. Filling his boots will be an uphill task for any player coming in, and Chennai has decided that it will be Ruturaj Gaikwad. In his first season as skipper, Gaikwad did a decent job as captain, keeping CSK in contention for the playoffs till their final group game, which they lost, but there were signs that side was going in a new direction. However, last season was when things went pear-shaped. The results were not coming. Gaikwad got injured, and reins went back to Dhoni; however, by that time, the season was out of CSK’s hands. The upcoming season, Dhoni is a year older, and questions about his value in the side have never been under as much scrutiny as they are now. But his tactical acumen cannot be underestimated, and former Chennai player Subramaniam Badrinath, pointing at that, will share his wisdom …

When a teenage Magnus Carlsen skipped the Candidates and wrote an open letter to FIDE chief with suggestions for changes | Chess News

When a teenage Magnus Carlsen skipped the Candidates and wrote an open letter to FIDE chief with suggestions for changes | Chess News

4 min readUpdated: Mar 19, 2026 10:23 PM IST In about 10 days’ time, the Candidates tournament, the second-most chess tournament in the world, will take centrestage in the Mediterranean island of Cyprus. The current edition will see 16 of the top players in the world compete in the twin Candidates events, side by side, with the eight men hoping to secure a world championship fight against D Gukesh while the eight women are jockeying to secure a women’s world championship clash with Ju Wenjun. There is a bit of a cloud over the Candidates this year, thanks to the war raging in the Middle East with Israel and the USA fighting Iran, and the latter responding by attacking its Middle Eastern neighbours like Qatar and Saudi Arabia. An attack on a British air force base on the island of Cyprus has also led to Koneru Humpy talking about boycotting the event. This would not be the first time the Candidates sees a high-profile player withdraw from the event. The world might remember Magnus Carlsen’s …