Manipur shuts all educational institutions from Aug 20 to 23 amid unrest
The Manipur government on Wednesday ordered the closure of all educational institutions across the state from August 20 to 23 in view of the prevailing law and order situation, according to an official order. All educational institutions in Manipur will remain closed from August 20 to 23 amid a 48-hour JFD shutdown over the Census and demand for an NRC. (ANI) The government order was issued by the commissioner-cum-secretary to the Government of Manipur, in which commissioner of education (school) Ningthoujam Geoffrey said that the closure would cover all schools affiliated with the Board of Secondary Education Manipur, Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur, Central Board of Secondary Education or otherwise. The order, which said the decision was taken “in view of the prevailing law and order situation in the State,” also applies to colleges, higher education institutes and universities under government, aided and unaided sectors. The order further said that all deputy commissioners, zonal education officers and directors concerned had been asked to circulate the order to schools and institutions under their jurisdiction. Meanwhile, …








