All posts tagged: Central Bureau of Investigation

CBI traces NEET-UG 2026 paper leak money trail; students paid lakhs

CBI traces NEET-UG 2026 paper leak money trail; students paid lakhs

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), probing the NEET-UG 2026 paper leak case, has found that the leaked question paper had allegedly reached Rajasthan through an accused identified as Yash Yadav, while students were allegedly charged between two lakh rupees and five lakh rupees for access to the paper, sources said. According to sources, Yash Yadav was acquainted with another accused, Vikas Biwal. The investigation has revealed that Vikas Biwal’s father, Dinesh Biwal, allegedly scanned the hard copy of the NEET-UG question paper and converted it into PDF files. Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the following link: Source link

CBI books agency that ran night shelters in Delhi; paid salaries to bogus employees

CBI books agency that ran night shelters in Delhi; paid salaries to bogus employees

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case into the alleged irregularities in the operation and management of night shelters in the national Capital run by the Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board (DUSIB) in 2023. Multiple individuals, CBI said, were engaged in other independent professions or businesses or employed elsewhere. (HT file photo) A preliminary enquiry in the matter has revealed that the shelter management authority (SMA), which was responsible for deploying manpower including supervisors, caretakers (for three shifts), sweepers and women security guards (for women shelters) and relievers for all staff, engaged bogus employees who never worked at shelters, manipulated their attendance and credit salaries in their accounts. The agency has named Suhail Khan, president of Sofia Educational and Welfare Society – the SMA awarded the work for running the night shelters, two other private individuals – Amir and Sonu Kushwaha, and unknown public servants in its first information report (FIR) filed on April 27, which became public recently. The irregularities were being examined by the federal agency since May last year as …

‘Mockery of process’: Inside Rahul Gandhi’s dissent note over selection of new CBI chief

‘Mockery of process’: Inside Rahul Gandhi’s dissent note over selection of new CBI chief

Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday voiced his dissent in the “strongest terms” in a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the selection of a new director for the Central Bureau of Investigation. Rahul Gandhi voiced his dissent in the “strongest terms” in a letter to PM Modi regarding the selection of a new director for the Central Bureau of Investigation. (@INCIndia) In his letter, which the Congress MP posted on social media platform X, Gandhi has alleged that the selection process for a new CBI chief has been reduced to a “mockery” by ensuring that a “pre-decided candidate” is selected. Also Read | Rahul Gandhi dissents on CBI chief selection: ‘Leader of Opposition is not a rubber stamp’ What’s inside Rahul Gandhi’s note? | Full text Dear Prime Minister, I write to you in your capacity as Chairperson of the Committee constituted to recommend the next Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), to record my dissent with its proceedings. Your government has repeatedly misused the CBI, intended to be India’s premier investigative agency, …

Madras HC orders probe into transformers tender fraud during Senthil Balaji’s tenure

Madras HC orders probe into transformers tender fraud during Senthil Balaji’s tenure

The Madras high court on Wednesday ordered a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into allegations of a fraud amounting to ₹397 crore in the procurement of distribution transformers by the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) during the tenure of DMK’s V Senthil Balaji as the state electricity minister between 2021 and 2023. Madras HC orders probe into transformers tender fraud during Senthil Balaji’s tenure A bench of Chief Justices SA Dharmadhikari and G Arul Murugan ordered the State Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC), that had been probing the matter until now, to “hand over” all papers and records related to the case to CBI. The bench also said the CBI must conduct its probe “earnestly and expeditiously.” The High Court issued the directions on a public interest litigation (PIL) filed by the Chennai based NGO and anti-corruption group ‘Arappor Iyakkam’ and a separate plea by AIADMK member E Saravanan, seeking an independent probe in the case. The petitioners had told the high court that Tangedco had allegedly rigged tenders …

2 CBI officers get 3 months jail in 26-yr-old case

2 CBI officers get 3 months jail in 26-yr-old case

A Delhi court on Tuesday sentenced two Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officers — a joint director and an inspector — to three months’ imprisonment each for conducting an illegal search and arrest at the residence of an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer 26 years ago. The officers will not be sent to prison immediately, as the court suspended the sentence for one month (Photo for representation) Delivering the sentence, judicial magistrate first class Shashank Nandan Bhatt of Tis Hazari courts observed that public servants cannot be permitted to abuse their powers to settle personal scores. The court had on April 18 convicted the two officers — present joint director Ramneesh and VK Pandey, then a CBI inspector — under penal provisions related to house trespass, mischief and voluntarily causing hurt, for forcibly entering the IRS officer’s Paschim Vihar residence to carry out a “mala fide” search and arrest. The officers will not be sent to prison immediately, as the court suspended the sentence for one month, noting that the offences are bailable in nature. …

Mumbai man held by CBI for trafficking Indians to Myanmar cyber fraud centres| India News

Mumbai man held by CBI for trafficking Indians to Myanmar cyber fraud centres| India News

The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested a Mumbai-based man alleged to be a key kingpin in trafficking Indian nationals to cyber fraud compounds in Myanmar, the agency said on Thursday. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested a Mumbai-based man alleged to be a key kingpin in trafficking Indian nationals to cyber scam compounds in Myanmar (Representative photo) According to a statement issued by the agency, Sunil Nellathu Ramakrishnan alias Krish had emerged as one of the main facilitators and kingpins in the trafficking network, playing a crucial role in the illegal transportation and exploitation of victims in Southeast Asia. “CBI has arrested Krish for his alleged involvement as a key kingpin in trafficking unsuspecting Indian citizens to cyber scam compounds in Myanmar, particularly in the Myawaddy region (notably KK Park),” the statement read. Regarding the modus operandi of the gang, the agency said, “Investigations have revealed the existence of organised transnational criminal syndicates that lure victims on the pretext of lucrative job opportunities in Thailand. The victims are initially transported from …

Private car, secret routes: CBI charge-sheet reveals how cops avoided detection during abduction of Chandigarh dentist | Chandigarh News

Private car, secret routes: CBI charge-sheet reveals how cops avoided detection during abduction of Chandigarh dentist | Chandigarh News

Alleging a calculated operation to avoid detection, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has stated in its charge-sheet that a team of Chandigarh Police personnel drove dentist Dr Mohit Dhawan around internal roads for nearly three hours after allegedly abducting him, deliberately steering clear of main routes and CCTV-covered stretches. In the 2022 abduction case, Dhawan, a Sector 21 resident, has alleged he was picked up by a Crime Branch team from outside the district courts complex to prevent him from appearing before a judge. The agency, in its charge-sheet, further claim that between 2 pm and 4 pm, the vehicle was parked near a garden in Sector 44-C where he (Dhawan) was confined inside while officers stepped out to eat, and that he overheard one policeman remark that “the work is done at the district court,” suggesting prior planning. The agency has named nine policemen as accused: Inspector Harinder Singh Sekhon, SI Suresh Kumar, ASI Ajmer Singh and Balwant, Head Constables Anil Kumar and Rinku Ram, and Constables Vikas Hooda, Subhash and Pardeep. The …

Delhi HC extends interim bail of Jaideep Sengar till Feb 20| India News

Delhi HC extends interim bail of Jaideep Sengar till Feb 20| India News

The Delhi high court on Tuesday extended till February 20 the interim bail granted to Jaideep Singh Sengar, brother of expelled Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Kuldeep Singh Sengar, in a case pertaining to the death of the Unnao rape victim’s father, even as the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) opposed the same. The bail was last extended till February 17 on November 11. (Delhi HC website) The CBI’s counsel submitted before a bench of Justice Swarana Kanta Sharma that the documents Jaideep relied upon in support of his plea were fabricated. The counsel further pointed out that Jaideep had approached the court again despite its indication on February 3 that the court would hear the appeal against the March 2020 conviction order on a day-to-day basis from February 11. However, the court asked the CBI to file a detailed report demonstrating that the documents relied upon by Jaideep to seek extension were fabricated and fixed February 20 as the next date of hearing. “CBI has not filed a verification report, if the documents relied on …

K’taka home minister junks BJP claims of phone tapping at Guv office| India News

K’taka home minister junks BJP claims of phone tapping at Guv office| India News

Karnataka home minister G Parameshwara on Thursday rejected accusations from the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) that the State government had intercepted communications linked to the governor’s office, calling the charge baseless and unnecessary. K’taka home minister junks BJP claims of phone tapping at Guv office Parameshwara, speaking to reporters and responding to questions in the Legislative Assembly, said the government had neither engaged in phone tapping nor had any reason to do so. The BJP’s claims, he suggested, reflected the opposition’s own past conduct rather than the present administration. “We have not tapped anyone’s phone and will not do so in the future. Also, we do not need it. The BJP makes hundreds of allegations every day from dawn to dusk. But, there is no need to answer all of them,” he said. The controversy followed remarks made earlier in the Assembly by law and parliamentary affairs minister HK Patil during a discussion on the governor’s recent address to a joint session. Patil had said governor Thaawarchand Gehlot appeared to be receiving instructions from …

CBI land attachment won’t impact IT City project: LDA officials

CBI land attachment won’t impact IT City project: LDA officials

The Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) has charted its response to land parcels attached by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) within its IT City housing scheme, stating it will follow legal provisions while keeping the project on schedule. Representational image (Sourced) Senior LDA officials said nearly five hectares of land in Parehta village, part of the IT City project area along Sultanpur Road, has been attached by the CBI in connection with an ongoing probe. This development comes as the authority advances land acquisition and preparatory work for the large-scale scheme spanning around 3,490 acres. Officials said if the matter remains unresolved by the time acquisition proceeds, the authority will deposit the award money under the land acquisition process with the district magistrate as per prescribed procedures. Once this formal step is completed and acquisition advances, LDA will submit a request to the CBI seeking release of these attached plots. “We are still awaiting clarification from the CBI. Once the agency shares details of any pending or ongoing investigation related to specific khasra numbers or …