All posts tagged: Shouldve

Exclusive | Hema Malini on Dharmendra missing from Oscars’ In Memoriam: They should’ve mentioned his name

Exclusive | Hema Malini on Dharmendra missing from Oscars’ In Memoriam: They should’ve mentioned his name

The Academy Awards missing out on legendary Indian actor, late Dharmendra‘s mention in the In Memoriam section has not gone down well with his fans. Social media, since Monday morning, has been reacting strongly to the miss on the televised ceremony. His name, along with other Indian greats like late actor Manoj Kumar was added on the website, but it seems it all happened too little too late. The Academy Awards’ televised ceremony didn’t feature Indian legend Dharmendra When HT City reaches out to actor-politician Hema Malini, Dharmendra’s wife, she reassures his fans in turn, “Personally Dharam ji never bothered about all this! The love from his fans was above everything. I thank everyone fore their concern, and for remembering him with such affection even now. The love and respect people have for Dharmendra means a great deal to us.” But she mentions in the same breath, “Oscars should have mentioned Dharam ji’s name certainly.” With a career spanning five decades, Dharmendra was after all one of the biggest stars Indian cinema had ever seen. …

‘He should’ve been suspended for that game’: Michael Vaughan on Harry Brook nightclub incident | Cricket News

‘He should’ve been suspended for that game’: Michael Vaughan on Harry Brook nightclub incident | Cricket News

With controversy swirling around Harry Brook after reports broke that he was involved in a late-night fight with a nightclub bouncer during the tour of New Zealand, where England lost 3-0, former England player Michael Vaughan has once again come down hard on the cricket board’s handling of the situation. “The ECB pushed it under the carpet. They said they threw the kitchen sink in with a fine, but for it to have come out just a couple of days ago on the back of a poor Ashes series where performance levels have been indifferent, the loose nature of the preparation has been a big question mark about the team,” Vaughan told Fox Cricket during a Big Bash League match. “My experience from these kinds (of incidents) is you’ve got to hit the nail on the head at the time it happens, because once it comes out afterwards, ‘why did they brush it under the carpet’? So the England captain was able to go out the night before have a fracas with a bouncer then …

Sunil Gavaskar’s veiled ‘has-beens’ shot at Ben Stokes while arguing England should’ve played more first class cricket before Ashes | Cricket News

Sunil Gavaskar’s veiled ‘has-beens’ shot at Ben Stokes while arguing England should’ve played more first class cricket before Ashes | Cricket News

England finally ended their 15-year drought in Australia by winning the fourth Ashes Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The match itself has since been deemed as a farce, with a bowler-friendly pitch producing a two-day Test. However, former India captain Sunil Gavaskar has said that the way in which the batting lineups on both sides collapsed showed how it is increasingly difficult for batters to play the long-game in red-ball cricket, having come to being used to scoring quickly in the white-ball formats. Gavaskar also took a shot at England captain Ben Stokes for his comments earlier in the series, while stating that the win in the fourth Test shows that the visitors would’ve been better served had they played some first class cricket before the series started. “England’s win, even though it came in the fourth Test with the series already lost, does prove once again that the more you play, the better you will get, especially in unfamiliar overseas conditions,” said Gavaskar in his column for SportStar. “The point, therefore, is should …

‘Should’ve kept game in Trivandrum’: Shashi Tharoor after smog IND vs SA Lucknow match called off over smog

‘Should’ve kept game in Trivandrum’: Shashi Tharoor after smog IND vs SA Lucknow match called off over smog

Published on: Dec 17, 2025 10:50 pm IST Shashi Tharoor suggested that the match should have been scheduled in Thiruvananthapuram, instead of a north Indian cities, which are shrouded under dense smog. Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Wednesday weighed in after the fourth T20 International between India and South Africa was called off due to dense smog in Lucknow. Congress MP Shashi Tharoor at Parliament premises during the ongoing Winter Session, in New Delhi on Wednesday. (ANI Photo/Jitender Gupta)(Jitender Gupta) Tharoor suggested that the match should have been scheduled in Thiruvananthapuram, instead of a north Indian cities, which are shrouded under dense smog. The T20 International match between the two countries was abandoned without a ball being bowled as the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium remained under thick blanket of smog on Wednesday evening. Also Read: Lucknow weather: Smog cancels India-SA match as AQI breaches 200 mark at some places “Cricket fans have been waiting in vain for the #INDVSSAODI to start in Lucknow. But thanks to dense smog, pervasive in …

‘Should’ve Played In Kerala’: Tharoor After India vs South Africa Lucknow T20 Called Off Due To Fog | India News

‘Should’ve Played In Kerala’: Tharoor After India vs South Africa Lucknow T20 Called Off Due To Fog | India News

Last Updated:December 17, 2025, 22:21 IST The Air Quality Index (AQI) remained in the hazardous range, above 400 in Lucknow on Wednesday, raising serious questions about the BCCI’s commitment to players’ welfare. Senior Congress MP Shashi Tharoor. (Image: PTI) Cricket fans in Lucknow were left disappointed after India vs South Africa 4th T20 International was called off without a ball being bowled due to excessive fog. According to BCCI, the toss was supposed to take place at 6:30 PM IST but was delayed at least four times due to excessive fog. The endless wait frustrated everyone and finally, the match was called off at 9:25 PM. Meanwhile, Congress leader Shashi Tharoor reflected on how fans suffered and questioned the decision to host the match in Lucknow amid dense fog and severe air pollution. “Cricket fans have been waiting in vain for the #INDVSSAODI to start in Lucknow. But thanks to dense smog, pervasive in most north Indian cities, and an AQI of 411, visibility is too poor to permit a game of cricket,” he said …

‘Messi should’ve gone to Farah Khan’s house like Ed Sheeran’: Filmmaker tickled by hilarious take after Kolkata chaos

‘Messi should’ve gone to Farah Khan’s house like Ed Sheeran’: Filmmaker tickled by hilarious take after Kolkata chaos

Argentine footballer Lionel Messi likely did not expect the chaotic welcome he received in Kolkata, the first leg of his India tour, on Saturday. Fans ran loose, threw garbage on field, broke chairs and ran riot, upset at the mismanagement at the event. At this, someone on the internet quite rightly suggested that they should have simply let filmmaker Farah Khan take charge. Farah Khan hosted Ed Sheeran at her home in 2017; Lionel Messi got a chaotic welcome in Kolkata on Saturday. Farah Khan would have done a better job A hilarious tweet on the situation read, “Lionel Messi should’ve just gone to Farah Khan’s house like Ed Sheeran.” Farah reacted to the post and wrote, “I swear.” Back in 2017, Farah threw a lavish house party for British singer Ed, something the country talked about for days. She invited other Bollywood stars, who all hung out with Ed, no chaos, no drama, no rioting. Back in 2021, Farah also spoke about the party and said, “My cousin who works as a lawyer in …

Twinkle Khanna, Kajol say their talk show got them in ‘a lot of trouble’: ‘We should’ve had a disclaimer’ | Bollywood News

Twinkle Khanna, Kajol say their talk show got them in ‘a lot of trouble’: ‘We should’ve had a disclaimer’ | Bollywood News

Kajol and Twinkle Khanna turned hosts for their show Two Much and while the 8-episode run of the show has now ended, it was quite a wild ride for the hosts who ended up in quite a few controversies after that. The show recently had a bonus episode with cricketers Jemimah Rodrigues and Shafali Verma and this was shot after the original episodes had already begun streaming. In this episode too, as Kajol and Twinkle started to play the quirky round where the guests have to agree or disagree with their prompts, the two actors explained themselves with a disclaimer. Kajol started by saying, “Now it’s time for our next segment, which has gotten us into a lot of trouble.” She said that here, “opinions don’t matter as much as lighthearted teasing.” Twinkle then added that they should have had a disclaimer from the first episode for this segment. “And there’s a disclaimer, which we should have had from the first episode, that nothing we say in this segment should be taken seriously. Please don’t …

Samantha Ruth Prabhu looks stunning in brown dress at event; fans say ‘should’ve sent her to Cannes’

Samantha Ruth Prabhu looks stunning in brown dress at event; fans say ‘should’ve sent her to Cannes’

Actor Samantha Ruth Prabhu looked stunning in a form-fitting brown dress on Monday evening as she attended the Vogue Beauty and Wellness Honours. In a video posted by a paparazzo account, she looked drop-dead gorgeous as she posed for pictures before making her way inside. (Also Read: Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s former mother-in-law Amala Akkineni moved by her heartwarming speech. Watch) Samantha Ruth Prabhu attended an event with designer Kresha Bajaj.(Instagram: Manav Manglani) Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s stunning outfit The video shows Samantha dressed in a strappy brown outfit with cut-out-like detailing on the side and near the chest. She complemented the look with matching heels, neutral makeup, and loose wavy hair. Samamantha posed for a few pictures with designer Kresha Bajaj before posing for a few more solo ones at the stop-and-pose before making her way inside. Fans loved everything about her look, with one of them commenting, “Mommmy,” with heart emojis. Another wrote, “OMG she lost so much weight.” A fan wrote, “That dress is (fire emoji),” and another asked, “She should have represented India …

Haryana BJP MP’s shocking remark on Pahalgam terror attack victims: ‘Women should’ve fought back’ | Latest News India

Haryana BJP MP’s shocking remark on Pahalgam terror attack victims: ‘Women should’ve fought back’ | Latest News India

Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Rajya Sabha MP Ram Chander Jangra courted controversy after he said that partners of tourists who were killed in the Pahalgam terror attack should have put up a fight against the terrorists. BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP Ram Chander Jangra was addressing a gathering in Bhiwani in an event to mark the 300th birth anniversary of Ahilyabai Holkar.(X/DeependerSHooda) Twenty-six people were killed in the terror attack in Pahalgam in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district on April 22, with terrorists targeting only men, many of whom were with their wives. Addressing a gathering in Bhiwani in an event to mark the 300th birth anniversary of Ahilyabai Holkar, the BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP from Haryana said that the women who lost their husbands in the attack should have acted like ‘veerangna’ (warrior women), according to PTI. The BJP MP said that the women, who lost their husbands in the terror attack “lacked” the spirit of the warrior women. “‘Wahan par jo hamari veerangnay behane thee, jinki maang ka sindoor chheen liya gaya, Veerangna ka bhaav …

‘Janhvi Kapoor should’ve given me credit for her viral moves in Devara’: Bosco Martis | Music News

‘Janhvi Kapoor should’ve given me credit for her viral moves in Devara’: Bosco Martis | Music News

Popular choreographer duo Bosco-Caeser began their career back in 2000 with the songs of Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s action thriller Mission Kashmir, starring Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta. Bosco Martis, one half of the duo, feels they haven’t gotten enough credit for some of the popular songs since then. However, he expressed gratitude to actors who make it a point to celebrate them. “Just give credit to the choreographer. Even during promotions, if an actor talks about us. Vicky Kaushal was so graceful. He celebrated me. That’s how the world got to know I’m the choreographer,” said Bosco, referring to Vicky’s shoutout to Bosco-Caesar for the choreography of his popular dance number “Tauba Tauba” from Anand Tiwari’s romantic comedy Bad Newz last year. In the interview with BBC Asian Network, Bosco continued, “When they talk about it, there’s a voice. The choreographers feel happy. Like when Hrithik Roshan spoke about one step we tried in Mission Kashmir in a lot of interviews, I feel happy I’m a part of his journey. We’ve done it together. How …