All posts tagged: shutdown

Pahalgam terror attack: J&K political parties call for shutdown today | Latest News India

Pahalgam terror attack: J&K political parties call for shutdown today | Latest News India

Various political parties, including the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the ruling National Conference, called for a shutdown in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday, as a mark of protest against the terror attack that reportedly killed 26 people, mostly tourists, in Pahalgam. The attack in J&K’s Pahalgam reportedly claimed the lives of 26 people, mostly tourists. (HT Photo) Peoples Democratic Party chief Mehbooba Mufti called for a complete “Kashmir bandh”, a party legislator said. Party MLA Waheed Para posted on X and asked people to unite against the massacre of innocent persons. “Mehbooba Mufti calls for a complete Kashmir bandh in response to the inhumane terror attack in Pahalgam. It’s time to unite against the massacre of innocents,” Para wrote. ‘Attack on all of us’ Mufti and People’s Conference president Sajad Lone announced their support for the bandh call raised by Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Jammu Bar Association. In a post on X, Mufti said, “The Chamber & Bar Association Jammu has called for a complete shutdown tomorrow in protest against the horrific militant …

The Habitat to reopen after a temporary shutdown over Kunal Kamra controversy | Latest News India

The Habitat to reopen after a temporary shutdown over Kunal Kamra controversy | Latest News India

Apr 22, 2025 08:53 PM IST The Habitat studio invited fresh registrations for the upcoming open mic events on Instagram. The Habitat Comedy Club, which was vandalised and decided to shut down temporarily after comedian Kunal Kamra’s controversial stand-up act, on Tuesday, announced that it was reopening. The Habitat Comedy Club(X) The Habitat studio invited fresh registrations for the upcoming open mic events on Instagram. News / India News / The Habitat to reopen after a temporary shutdown over Kunal Kamra controversy See Less Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the following link: Source link

Bhopal private school derecognised after sexual assault on nursery student, DM orders shutdown

Bhopal private school derecognised after sexual assault on nursery student, DM orders shutdown

In response to the public outrage over the incident, the district administration launched a detailed investigation into the functioning and safety standards of the school. Based on the findings, Bhopal’s District Magistrate issued orders on Thursday night to revoke the school’s recognition. Bhopal: In a decisive and unprecedented move, the administration of Bhopal has cancelled the recognition of a prominent private school following a shocking case of sexual assault on a three-year-old girl. The order was issued by District Magistrate Kaushalendra Vikram Singh, who took action after the incident came to light. The case dates back September last year when a teacher at Redcliff School, located in the Kamla Nagar area, was accused of raping a nursery student. The accused, identified as Kasim Rehan, was arrested and sent to jail after a case was registered by the police. In response to the public outrage over the incident, the district administration launched a detailed investigation into the functioning and safety standards of the school. Based on the findings, DM Singh issued orders on Thursday night to revoke …

Karnataka Bandh Today Live: Security Tightened As Pro-Kannada Groups Call For Statewide Shutdown

Karnataka Bandh Today Live: Security Tightened As Pro-Kannada Groups Call For Statewide Shutdown

Karnataka Bandh March 22nd Live: Elaborate security arrangements have been put in place after Kannada Okkuta, an umbrella organisation representing various pro-Kannada groups, called for a 12-hour statewide bandh in Karnataka on Saturday to protest the alleged assault on a state-run bus conductor in Belagavi. The bandh, to be in place from 6 am to 6 pm, was announced on February 28 to protest against the incident where the bus conductor was allegedly thrashed for not speaking Marathi – an issue that has long sparked tensions between Karnataka and Maharashtra. The Kannada activists have demanded strict action against the perpetrators, accusing pro-Marathi groups of inciting violence and disrupting the harmony of the region. Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar said on Thursday that the state government will not support a bandh. Emergency services, including pharmacies, hospitals, and ambulance services will remain functional amid the bandh. Fuel stations are also slated to remain open. However, public transport services, shopping complexes and markets are likely to be closed today. According to officials, police in various districts have deployed home …

Air India Flights Among 1,351 Affected By Fire In London, Airport Shutdown

Air India Flights Among 1,351 Affected By Fire In London, Airport Shutdown

New Delhi: An estimated 1,351 flights, including those operated by Air India, were cancelled or diverted Friday after London’s Heathrow airport shut down for the day. This was after a fire at an electrical substation in the western part of the city triggered a widespread power outage. There is no word yet on when power will be restored to the airport, authorities told the BBC. Apart from chaos at Heathrow – one of the busiest airports in the world and largest of five serving London and nearby areas – more than 16,000 homes in the UK capital lost power. As many as 120 flights were in the air over Heathrow, either having just taken off or about to land. Among those due were the AI129 service from Mumbai and the AI161 from Delhi. The former will return and the latter has been diverted to Frankfurt in Germany, the Indian carrier said in a statement. “All our remaining flights to and from London Heathrow, including AI111 (another Delhi-London service) have been cancelled for 21 March. We …

Trump signs government funding bill, averts shutdown amid Democratic divisions

Trump signs government funding bill, averts shutdown amid Democratic divisions

President Donald Trump signed a government funding bill on Saturday, preventing a partial shutdown and securing funding through September 2025. The bill, which passed with a 54-46 Senate vote, revealed deep divisions among Democrats, as some argued it prioritised defense spending. President Donald Trump signed a bill on Saturday to fund the government through the end of September, avoiding a partial government shutdown and marking a significant victory for his administration and House Speaker Mike Johnson. The continuing resolution, which narrowly passed Congress, keeps funding levels largely in line with those set during Joe Biden’s presidency, but with key adjustments. It cuts non-defense spending by USD 13 billion while increasing defense funding by USD 6 billion, bringing the total spending package to nearly USD 1.7 trillion. Senate vote highlights Democratic rift The Senate approved the bill on Friday with a 54-46 vote, as 10 Democratic senators broke ranks to support the measure despite strong opposition from within their party. Many House Democrats had urged their Senate colleagues to reject the bill outright, arguing that it …

Indefinite Shutdown In Kuki-Dominated Areas In Manipur Called Off, Days After Clashes With Security Forces

Indefinite Shutdown In Kuki-Dominated Areas In Manipur Called Off, Days After Clashes With Security Forces

Imphal/Guwahati/New Delhi: An umbrella body of the Kuki tribes in Manipur said they have called off the “indefinite shutdown” imposed after the March 8 clash between the Kuki tribes and the security forces over the Centre’s order to allow free movement in the crisis-hit state. The Kuki-Zo Council (KZC) in a statement on Thursday said they will keep opposing the Centre’s decision to allow free movement of people in Manipur, though they ended the indefinite shutdown imposed in areas where the Kuki tribes are dominant. The indefinite shutdown did not affect other areas in Manipur, officials said. “… We would like to officially announce the lifting of the indefinite shutdown previously called by the Kuki-Zo Council w.e.f 07.30 pm of 13th March 2025. The decision to end the shutdown comes after careful deliberation. However, it is imperative to make it clear that while the shutdown has been lifted, the Free Movement, as announced by the Home Ministry shall be vehemently opposed by the Kuki-Zo people, as it undermines and dilutes the justice process,” the KZC …

Manipur Violence: Over 40 Injured; Kuki Groups Announce Indefinite Shutdown | Manipur Violence

Manipur Violence: Over 40 Injured; Kuki Groups Announce Indefinite Shutdown | Manipur Violence

| Violence: Over 40 injured; Kuki groups announce indefinite shutdown n18oc_breaking-newsNews18 Mobile App – https://onelink.to/desc-youtube Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the following link: Source link

India News Live Today March 9, 2025: Manipur violence: 1 protestor killed, Kuki groups announce shutdown in some parts

India News Live Today March 9, 2025: Manipur violence: 1 protestor killed, Kuki groups announce shutdown in some parts

Live India News Live: Stay informed with our live blog covering India’s latest in politics, economy, crime, and general news. Get real-time updates on political developments, financial trends, crime reports, and important events across the country. Stay connected with the most crucial stories shaping India, all in one place. Latest news on March 9, 2025: The Kuki protesters also set ablaze private vehicles and tried to stop a state transport bus traveling from Imphal to Senapati. India News Live: Get real time updates on the latest happenings across India. From key political shifts and government decisions to economic developments and crime reports, we bring you real-time information as it unfolds. Our coverage also includes general news, spotlighting significant events and issues impacting daily life. Disclaimer: This is an AI-generated live blog and has not been edited by Hindustan Times staff.…Read More Follow all the updates here: Mar 9, 2025 12:04 AM IST India News Live: Manipur violence: 1 protestor killed, Kuki groups announce shutdown in some parts The Kuki Zo Council imposed an indefinite shutdown …

Manipur violence: 1 protestor killed, Kuki groups announce shutdown in some parts | Latest News India

Manipur violence: 1 protestor killed, Kuki groups announce shutdown in some parts | Latest News India

Fresh round of violence in Manipur’s Kangpokpi district erupted on Saturday, with one protestor being killed and more than 40 others injured in the clashes between the Kuki agitators and security forces in different parts of the region. The Kuki protesters also set ablaze private vehicles and tried to stop a state transport bus traveling from Imphal to Senapati.(PTI) The clashes erupted after police fired tear gas to disperse the Kuki demonstrators who were opposing Union home minister Amit Shah’s directive allowing free movement across the state. Amid the violence and the opposition, the Kuki Zo Council imposed an indefinite shutdown in all the Kuki areas from Saturday midnight, a statement said. “It is crucial for the central government to address the underlying issues to prevent further unrest and protect public safety. The Kuki Zo Council urges the government to reconsider its stance to avoid further escalation of tension and violent confrontation,” it added. The Kuki Zo group further stated that it could not guarantee free movement of Meiteis across the buffer zones and cannot …