India News
Leave a comment

Two killed, two injured as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad

Two killed, two injured as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad



Two persons were killed and two others injured after a seven-storey under-construction building collapsed here on Saturday.

A fire official involved in the rescue operation told reporters that two bodies had been recovered while clearing the debris of the collapsed building at Anjayya Nagar in Gachibowli.

The two bodies were located using a victim location system device, he said.

The debris fell onto adjacent apartment buildings, damaging them and injuring two persons. One of the injured was admitted to a hospital.

Following the damage to their flats, some residents were forced to vacate the premises.

Residents said they heard a loud sound in the afternoon and found that the under-construction building had collapsed.

Hyderabad Disaster Response and Asset Protection Agency Commissioner A V Ranganath, who visited the site, said the building, comprising seven storeys and a penthouse, was being constructed on a plot measuring about 50-60 square yards.

Ranganath said the two deceased were workers.

He said the collapsed building and some other structures in the vicinity had been constructed near a ”nala” (drain) and without mandatory setbacks, among other alleged violations.

HYDRAA and the Cyberabad Municipal Corporation would work together to demolish buildings constructed in violation of the rules, Ranganath said.

He urged residents of buildings constructed in violation of the rules to vacate them, saying such structures had been built on plots measuring only 50-60 square yards.

Ranganath said there was information that the owner of the collapsed building was involved in constructing similar structures in violation of the rules, including buildings used as commercial hostels for IT employees and others.

HYDRAA would examine the owner’s role and work with the CMC to demolish such structures, he said.

CMC Commissioner G Srijana, who also visited the site, said the building had been seized four months ago, but construction work resumed on Friday.

It collapsed before officials could take further action, she said.

The commissioner said action would be taken against such structures.

This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.



Disclaimer: We do not own any of the content, ideas, images, or text presented here. All rights belong to their respective owners. For more information and to view the original source, please visit the following link:

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *